New Festool Shinex Polisher is awesome!!! :)

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, May 22, 2009.

1. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

Ordered mine yesterday, got it today. Awesome machine. Perfect weight, perfect handling, perfect quality. Cant wait to use them on my next detailing job.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, congrats Bulla, could you post pictures of the machine if you don't mind me asking. Lots of pictures if you don't mind.

Look forward to your next detail :mounty:

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

+1 :applause::applause:

4. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

Many thanks. Hope to get the cars and the time to do my next detail jobs. Most of my frequently detailed cars are done, so I have to look out for some others..

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

So any updates on this unit...

6. benno

benno Virgin Detailer

hello,

i am a shinex user, too. I have bought it in April. The shinex is for me the optimal machine. Low weight, easy to handle, correct speed range, it warms up only little and a super quality. I decided for the FE-Set.

pictures of mine shinex FE Set

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

OMG dude, that is freaking beautiful! :worship2: You lucky bastard!

8. k1msta

k1msta Guest

DAMN, SO SEXC!!
    thx for sharing :thumb:

9. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

That is a really sweet set . Me Likey a whole lot . Good luck with it. I'm really interested in these machine.It would be nice to get these here state side.

10. detailersdomain

very nice, guys I checked with Festool and emailed the sales vp they don't even have it coming into the states anytime soon, that's what they have told me.

now I'm wondering if we can just get the base units in without all the extras....

11. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

For those stateside.....I have a couple of Festool units. Everything top down from shop vac, sanders, etc.
    It's more a *system* i use on the woodworking side. Love the balance, etc of the tools. As a matter of fact, I think I was using a *Rotex* on paint before Festool came to the scene. Be prepared however as their tools are pricey......I've yet to do a currency conversion on the Shinex.

I'm not sure if I would want to spend $$ on a Festool for car detailing...
    I'm sure the ergonomics, etc would be great. Awfully expensive $ to paint maybe....
    Then again, that's what I say when I pickup my Fein rotary. I've found my happy working combo already but am exploring adding pneumatic machines to the lineup now. Would love to have the weight savings of a pneumatic....

Phil, I'm sure you've seen in Ultgar's garage but the systainers is what makes Festool great from a organization setup. They stack ontop each other and *lock in*.

12. rogue

rogue Virgin Detailer

the RO 150 FEQ don't burn the paint?

13. detailersdomain

yeah I know steve has them but they are a tough company to deal with stateside.
    they didn't really want to answer any questions I'm guessing only the higher ups know anything that's going on...

14. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

You can order them from the UK in 110V; you would just have to purchase a simple adapter to accomodate the plug or have a tool repair center replace the power cord.

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/product.asp?cookiecheck=yes&P_ID=39472

The conversion comes to $598.46; so approximately $630 - $650 including shipping costs.

15. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Hi Guys,

Well, I've been testing the Shinex machine to the limits for quiet sometime now, and its for sure the best rotary on the market without a doubt!!

As you all know, the nice UK Festool guys came down to my unit too see me and left some of there machines to play with for a while.

2-3 weeks later, one of them came back down and took them all away :( I was quiet sad to say the least, I got quiet attached to the Festool machines, specially the Rap80 and the Shinex. So, I had to go back to using the heavy Makita :yikes:

It was hell I can tell you, everyday missing the shinex, but today they came back down to deliver me a brand new Shinex :) Woohoo! They also informed me that they would like to sponsor me with a selection of power tools and accessories from there product range. Woohoo again! :)

Can't wait to get my new Rap80 and Sander now! :gidiup:

Kind Regards
    Paul

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Sounds like great news Paul, now I can get my units from you...:shead:...just need to make sure I get the right voltage. Do they even have a North American voltage standard 120/240V?

17. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Yes, they do both mate, Which ones do you want , do you want a Rap 80?

No, hang on, they do a 110volt and a 240 volt

18. Nica

Nica Banned

The Rap 80 is the small one right?

I'm interested on the bigger unit, I believe it's the Rap 150.

I've wired my garage for one plug to be 240V but it would be nice to be able to use the machine everywhere a detail takes me.

110V should work just fine...mmm...let me double check :shead:

19. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'll take a 150 as well. Wanna split the shipping Carlos?

20. Paul Dalton aka Miracle