Need some help making a personalized kit

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by DirtyWeRX, Apr 7, 2012.

1. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Hello fellow detailers!

I need some help/advice/direction on how to make my own personalized detailing kit.

i want to make something like this...

[​IMG]
    (apologizes for using a brand not carried by our fabulous sponsors)

It may seem a little silly to want to do something like this, but I could use a little side project every now and then to keep my mind at ease while working, going to school, and working on the subaru.

I believe Ive seen agpatel (sorry if I misspelled your user name) make custom carrying cases for his many waxes.

Where would I find similar carrying cases and foam/padding that i can trim up and snugly fit bottles/jars/brushes/etc in?

Also, whats your favorite website to buy plastic bottles from with similar shapes to the ones that zymol uses (solid/non transparent). Ive tried looking every now and then at the local walmart, but all I can really find are travel size bottles... that aint gonna cut it.

I was thinking that I could make these kits for my personal use as well as a gift idea for a friends celebration (birthday, graduation, wedding.... pretty much any occasion that he will be disappointed by my gift)

Thank you

Seth

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

http://www.pelican-case.com/

get one with pluck and pull foam, you can pull out what you need in the shape of the objects.......... cases are top notch and milspec rated. may be a little expensive, but its worth it.

3. DirtyWeRX

Milspec rated huh? Maybe I should make a kit to send to my brother in Afghanistan so he can polish what they call "The Kraken" LOL

4. Kilo6_one

MRAP?

yeah, the military uses them for everything, I have a few Hardig cases........they are very durable, airtight, water tight cases.

5. DirtyWeRX

Yup its the MRAP

6. Kilo6_one

never heard it called that.........LOL.

7. DirtyWeRX

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Im waiting for a quote from pelican cases to come via email. Looking AG some of the prices for similar cases, I'm expecting somewhere around $150.

What about websites that sell plastic bottles? I've been looking through a couple sites but does anyone have a favorite?

8. Brentwood Bandit

Brentwood Bandit Virgin Detailer

Go to academy or bass pro shop. Look in the gun aisle and they will have similar cases that are reasonably priced. I also use one that is basically a hard shell fishing tackle box. It gets the job done lots of pockets to stay organized and helps when I'm at school. -M