Need an answer ASAP please. :)

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Laguna, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

:shead:Hi!! You're on Candid Camera!!:picture::picture:

2. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Do a wipedown with IPA and see if the swirls magically appear again, most Menzerna polishes mask a bit and it takes an IPA wipe down to see what is REALLY going on with the paint.

Even "buffing it of by hand with a lot of elbow grease" won't do very much -- PO203 has a working time that it needs to break down in order to accomplish anything. Applying it, letting it sit, then removing it will not do anything for the paint's surface.

3. skurzhun

skurzhun Birth of a Detailer

It sounds like you're using 203 like a wax, where you're putting it on the entire car and letting it sit then going around and buffing it off. If you are then you're not using it correctly and you're just wasting product. You should be applying 203 panel by panel or even smaller portions of panels and working it in. Once you're done with that section you wipe it off and inspect it then move on.

4. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

But even doing it by hand really is not going to do much of anything, without a ton of work and a case of red bull. Not to mention pain pills for the sore arm!

5. Laguna

Laguna Guest

I cover the whole car in it, then work panel by panel like you say. I'm not in a hot or sunny location, so it doesn't dry up and become hard or anything.

Like you guys said, it might be masking but that is fine to me until I can afford a PC. This is just what I have to do and work with guys. :\

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Hmmmm.... so the 10-15 hours of machine buffing can be replaced with 2 hours of hand "buffing"... sign me up!

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

What I don't understand is that if you don't have the proper tools why don't you at least get a glaze which is the proper product for what you are doing...

8. skurzhun

skurzhun Birth of a Detailer

Yea I know best results are done by machine. It says you can do it by hand but so I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt working with out a machine. Even thought the results are night and day between the two.

9. Laguna

Laguna Guest

Thank you. I know the results of a machine can never be beaten when it comes to this. There is a difference though. The swirls are masked/gone/filled/whatever you want to call it. Now my car looks good and looks how it should. The lighting is different since the sun is going down but once tomorrow morning comes I will take the exact same picture at the exact same distance to show you all the swirls and marks before I started this morning and what I worked on all day.

People used their hands before machines, maybe some of you have never used your hands and you're just bread to think your hands can do nothing. But with the correct products and methods, SOMETHING can be done.

:thumb:

10. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Though I am in working in NorCal today, I have a competitor in Denver who states that he is "Old school" and polishes by hand. He claims to service Ferraris, etc. I find it difficult to believe one can correct a ceramic nano particle finish by hand.

Andy

11. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Bingo.

12. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Hey bottom line he is happy with the results and that is what counts regardless of what we think.

13. Laguna

Laguna Guest

14. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

I guess if your happy with that man than thats all that matters.

I just looked over all the pictures in your post and can still see defects clearly
    Im sorry but I was always taught that if your going to do something, than do it right.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with using a glaze/filler product on your car. If your going to do it though, than use the right product. The polish that you used is meant to be broken down. That hologramming may have very well been from you rubbing it in but not fully breaking it down. If its not wiping away than im sure thats what happened.

If you use a traditional glaze you wont get that. No one expects you to get your car 100% perfect but why waste your time semi polishing your car for 2 hours when it could have taken 15 minutes to glaze it.

Your wasting your own time and energy.

BTW, this is what im talking about
    [​IMG]

15. Laguna

Laguna Guest

All of that is gone. Thats all residue while doing the work. I randomly took so many pictures that I didn't make the area I was taking pictures of look perfect.

I didn't even know what a glaze was before this. I was also taught to not waste money too. When I have roughly $40 of free money after gas and all a month due to not making enough money and putting 400 miles a week on my car, a $175 PC is not necessary right now.

Needs > Wants.

16. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

So buy a cheap glaze and enjoy....

17. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

PO203 is one of the more expensive polishes :p

See if you can find a PC on a deal somewhere, they pop up from time to time on the forums. Otherwise maybe you can try to trade some PO203 for some glaze. Hell, I'd probably be down for that :p

18. Laguna

Laguna Guest

The car looks great so I am convinced it is doing something. I looked it all over today in bright sunlight. I enjoy how it looks. This will do until I have more money and can purchase a PC.