need a new pressure washer .?????????

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by metsfan, May 5, 2010.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I've had good luck with my Karcher so far, despite all the nightmare stories people have on their units.

I got my Karcher almost a year ago and I've been using it 1 or 2 times per week, every week. It has been working great in 90 degree weather as well as 20 degree weather. I use it like crazy every time I use it and it just keeps running, but I do wonder when mine is going to crap out on me.

The model I have is Karcher K 3.67M.

2. mdun6

mdun6 DB Forum Supporter

I bought mine at Lowes. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head but I know it has a Honda engine and runs great.

3. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

I ended up buying a AR383 1900psi 1.5gpm . I found it locally at true value ,they just had to order it . Everywhere i look it has great reviews and was only 175 .

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I think you will be happy. Let us know how it works out

5. rm5

rm5 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Please do post a review. i am shopping for one

6. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

1.5GPM is a little on the low side :/ I do hear good things about the AR brand though.

7. rm5

What is the ideal GPM and psi for doing siding/car/driveway?

8. Mindflux

For car detailing GPM is far more important than pressure itself. I don't have a precise number since everyone has a different opinion on the matter. The lower the GPM the longer it'll take to flush away soap/etc. I'm sure there are people here with Karcher units with a similar GPM output, so if they're happy with perhaps theyll chime in.

9. rm5

I had a karcher 1400 psi 1.3 gpm it sucked and its dead now.

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

• Nilfisk ALTO POSEIDON 2-19X - 1100 PSI (Chemical Injection) water flow 2.4 GPM
    • Karsher K5.93M - 1850 PSI (Chemical Injection) water flow 1.5 GPM
    • Cam Spray 1500A - 1450 PSI (Adjustable pressure, Chemical Injection) water flow 2 GPM

11. metsfan

12. Mindflux

13. metsfan

Locally at the true value store by my house . They always have awesome prices . Once i got a new mk wetsaw that was 800 for 400 because it was on the shelf for a long time and they wanted it gone .I was surprised to see the only pw's they carry are AR

14. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

So how is the AR Pressure Washer? I'm thinking about trying out the Home Depot 1700psi Pressure washer.

15. metsfan

I got it today but didnt get to chance to use it . Theres 2 things i didnt like by looing at it and a bunch of stuff i like . I dont like the hose . It very stiff and kinks easy . Will be geting a better one . I also didnt like that the reel is for storage only and again the hose is very stiff so it doesnt reel up well . i ended up hanging
    on the reels handle . Other than that it looks great . Gun hose is swivel quick connect . twist lock lances . Comes with 1 adjustable pattern lance and 1 revolving turbo lance as well as a foam cannon type detergent lance . Gun feels nice . Ill probably try it out tommorow .

16. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

let us know how it goes. I'll soon be getting another pressure washer myself. A beefy 3,000 psi one LoL

17. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

Which pressure washer.......are you picking up?

18. metsfan

I just tried it out and i gotta say this pw is awesome . It has a ton more power than the snap on .Id say triple the power maybe more . Its light ,not loud at all , . The gpm feels like its a lot higher then the specs say . The wands both work great . The turbo wand has a nice spray pattern and ups the gpm a little more .It can literally rinse the car down . I also tried it on my aluminum siding and painted concrete foundation . At the smallest spray pattern you can easily blow grime off and even strip paint .My siding was black with dirt for years and now it looks brand new . Gpm to me after trying a few pw's feels like its about 2-2.5 gpm with the turbo nozzle and about 2gpm with the regular wand . I really put it to the test and ran it for about 45 min straight and it didnt even get warm like others do . It did not lose any pressure while holding the trigger for a long time . I also noticed after i used it that the gun hose got more flexible . All in all i highly recomend it . I give it 5 stars . If your looking for the best cheap pw this is it .

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Congrats on your purchase, A good pressure washer is quite the useful tool!

As I am sure you saw on PW direct it is rated at 1.5 GPM... Perhaps the other PW you are comparing it to had overated GPM

20. metsfan

Yep says 1.51 on box but its feels way under rated . Im comparing to a old hd 1800psi 2gpm ,snap on,b&d 1700 psi 1.6gpm and a old handa gas power 2.5gpm i use to use at my old job . The snap on and b&d got stuff just wet but not soaked . This is a little better at soaking than my old hd 2pm and not to far from the 2.5 honda . I guess the snap on and B&D may be way overrated but imo thats how i rank the AR . I would think the karcher would be about the same as the lesser 2 . The AR imo is a beast compared to those and gpm is more than adequate .