Need a better carpet cleaner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Tire Shredder, May 17, 2010.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

2. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

so far my method for cleaning carpets has proven to be pretty solid. I get the worst batch of cars from a local Ford dealership from their used cars lot and some of these cars have carpets and seats covered in sand, dirt, and all kinds of stains.

my method is as follows:

1. Vacuum using Ridgid 4070 and brush attachment to loosen fibres a bit
    2. Mist Folex or Zep HTC all over the carpets (i'm pretty generous bcuz these carpets are filthy)
    3. Scrub with carpet brush....and I scrub pretty hard.
    4. Let it dwell for a couple mins.
    5. Steam the carpets to loosen fibres and make the dirt lift up and get mix with chemicals
    6. Extract everything using just hot water in my Gaia.
    7. Repeat steps 2-6 if necessary on tougher stains.
    8. Vacuum again with Ridgid 4070 and brush attachment to make it dryer.
    9. Uisng my favourite brush put vertical vacuum lines for show.

This is my method. Doesn't take me too long and the results have proven to be pretty solid everytime. I've revived some pretty nasty carpets and the once skeptical dealership has been impressed and have given me cars since.

Waseem

3. richy

richy Guest

Waseem...I used to do the same thing. Now, after doing the same steps from 1 to 4 as you do, I then attach a white terry towel over my Gaia's upholstery tool and steam/scrub the area, changing the towel often. You'll see the disgusting shit the terry picks up and it gets it cleaner and leaves it drier than with the extractor. Try it to see how it works for you. I swear by it now.

4. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

I do that too Richy, with my vx5000, and I need a LOT of white towels. I use the smaller triangle brush with a cheap mf towel for door panels too.

Have you guys hear or use a product call Pink Solution in Canada or Quick'n Brite in the States?

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Paint that stuff...

Not an ideal repair, but it can make really crummy carpet look pretty darn good.