mytee 1001dx

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Jul 23, 2012.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Got my new mytee 1001dx up and running with an internal spray upholster tool and love it! bought 2 air movers for drying the interiors and found turning the hot air on increases the dry time drastically

Wanted to discuss chemicals and process for doing really soiled carpets, not oil stains, but simple dirt stains and coffee stains. Have been running into these the most and need more input to speed it up a bit.

My process so far has been to vacum like crazy, i find this really prevents smearing things around later or having to vacum again later. Brush in adams carpet and upholstery spray. This stuff is grear and makes the majority of dirt stains disappear and then i still hit the area with the mytee. Some stains wint budge and i am thinking of trying the process again but to try using my porter cable with brush attatchment to brush in the pre-spray.

Am also thinking about going to linksys to research chemicals more specific to removing just coffee stains and those just for heavily soiled carpets but get lost in the huge selection they have and i never trust sales guys.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Godoman

2. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Folex and Bioclean traffic lane cleaner are my go to's. Spray it on tough stains and let it sit for 10-15mins agitate and extract!

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks max!

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Folex ,Zep High traffic both available at HD

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks wise, been looking up "traffic lane" and "high traffic lane" named products and there are alot out there that seem familiar. Just gotta get one that works and stick with it.

Had a car i did last week that was soaked in coffee stains everywhere and only used adams upholstery spray and struggled a little but got them out. I was frustrated by how long it took and a little embarrassed too given the hardware i am working with

Godoman

6. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i have had excellent luck with high traffic my only issue is it suds forever and seems really hard to rinse clean

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I think folex is good also!

8. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

godman,Biokleen Traffic Lane Cleaner is what I've been using. 1 gallon goes alooonggg way! Low foaming, very little residue to clean up!

9. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Want to avoid suds at all costs. U can get dry but in seattle carpets get wet again quickly and dont want customers calling complaining

10. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Max, i am definately going to try bioclean. I really like the info on their site. Green products are the way to go when they work effectively