My starter collection... new to the "game"

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Atherton213, Feb 7, 2012.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I'm sorry to hear about your store closing. I didn't even know Best Buy was closing stores.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

2. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

SOrry to hear about the store Mike :(

3. Atherton213

Atherton213 Two Bucket System Washer

thanks guys :shakehead:, yeah best buy chose 50 stores (out of about 1400) to close. Sadly its not due to performance either, being my store was #1 in our district and actually ended last month at #32 in the company. Its mostly due to location and location costs. It partly makes sense but also doesnt. We have in Ft Myers where i live 4 best buys. Closest one to our store was actually 4.6 miles away, then the other was about 10+. They picked our location due to building rent and "would customers drive to other bestbuys". Sucks cause the closesnt one to us has done terrible for years, but has been in the location so long the rent is super cheap.

They are doing pretty much nothing for the employees also, we have to apply and interview at other stores to keep our job, or take a pretty weak severance package.

lol for now my detailing collection will be staying the way it is, no more purchases for a little while (not that i really need too lol)

4. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

How do you like the Big Red Stool?

5. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Sorry to hear about the difficulties at work.

At least you got the bissel LGM in time! =)

How do you like the AF products?

6. Atherton213

@ pig - For $20 it's a must have I would say.... It's beats bending over or working from your knees

@ bored - Other stores in the area are picking some people up so I think everything will turn out fine thanks :)
    as for the AF products so far I love them! Revive for trim does a pretty amazing, oblitarate does really well on road grime, mint rims did great on my wheels. I also have the tripple and rejuvenate which I've only used once so I can't fairly say how they are.... From the one car i did it turned out really great though so assuming its like all the other stuff from them I've tried it's good stuff. Next ill probably try out one of the waxes (from google they might have more coming out soon?? No idea any details though I just saw on another forum some)

7. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

may i ask where you got your big red stool??

8. Atherton213

Amazon.... I've heard people say there are similar ones at big lots and Walmart just different colors

9. Atherton213

good news :) picked up at the closest store to me same pay/job so back to my "problem" lol... sad i missed the AF bogo sale all the products ive tried from them are fantastic...

Did pickup some stuff from work, most product was shipped to other locations, so I hid the stuff i wanted till after it was all gone. Able to pick up some pretty crazy deals on a GoPro, Canon T2i (+accessories), as well as a nice 10inch sub and amp for the car :)

Current collection looks like this though :p .. need to organize it some more
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I'm seeing some good stuff so far!

I like the quick disconnect on the Gilmour sprayer

11. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

good to hear you're back in a job!

so in a month or two you'll have new pics of the growing collection? haha

12. Atherton213

Mom took a trip to england picked up some stuff for me... sadly out of Bilt Hamber Finis wax at shineorama when she went...
    530064_10151067143923806_2128344624_n.jpg