My starter collection... new to the "game"

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Atherton213, Feb 7, 2012.

1. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Rain is also a standard in this business......That sucks.

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

so is sadness...................

3. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

:thumb: on the 2012 GTI. Definitely need pics of it all glossed up.

4. Atherton213

Atherton213 Two Bucket System Washer

This is one from a while ago, used Adams Machine Super Wax on it... (also pre-wheel spacers)
    [​IMG]

5. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

How do you like your Adam's Polishes products? Looks like you have their APC, Glass Cleaner and a few other items of theres.

6. Atherton213

Yeah i have the machine super wax, apc, glass cleaner and waterless wash (old version). I also have their pads for PC. I really like the machine superwax, as far as looks go it comes out really nice. Durability so far after about a month seems to be ok as well. Glass cleaner works awesome (smells like lemon awesome lol). APC is nothing special, it works like most APC's do. And the waterless wash im still on the fence about, i feel like it doesn't really do all that much, i feel i could get similar results with a detail spray. Im pretty happy with most of the products. Im curious to try some of the other stuff they have as well.

7. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Something about their product line up makes me want it. I think it's becasue I like the idea of having a solid, uniform product line to display and use and I could basically do that with their stuff haha. Im OCD like that.

8. Atherton213

lol i know what you mean, there is a guy on here who has like all the products lined up on a shelf it looks awesomely organized lol

9. Atherton213

More goodies showed up today. Some Surbuf pads, pack of wet-sanding paper + block, Wolfs Body wrap and nano shampoo :)...Wolfs deionizer should be here monday

10. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Make sure to report back on the Wolf's stuff. Considering their body wrap and glass guard myself.

11. Atherton213

[​IMG]
    lol i cant help my self :(... my gf is going to kill me... more stuff... with more on the way...

From pepboys
    Megs Car wash
    AGHD
    From DD
    W99
    Wolf's Mask
    Wolf's Dionizer
    Wolf's Nano Shampoo
    Wolf's Body Wrap
    2 of those yellow sponges
    From AG
    6inch Surbuf
    Waffle weave drying towel
    From Target (on clearance)
    Wheel sponge 2pk (got 3 packs for about $2 each pack)
    Meg's Odor neutralizer interior spray (was also about $2... so i figured i would get it... probably never use it lol)

On Order
    Chemical Guys waterspot cleaner ... i have horrible ground water in the sprinkler systems around here so something a little stronger than a detail spray to help me keep clean (picked CG over duragloss cause i heard its a little stronger... sometimes i dont have time to get out and wipe the car down... ill probably pick up the duragloss as well cause i heard its not as strong on your lsp)
    ONR (the new stuff)
    einzsett bug and tar remover (im almost out of my current bottle.... spring is coming and so are the bugs... this + the mask should keep everything good)
    einzsett cockpit
    einszett gumi pflege
    swissvax brushes

12. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Wow, nice collection so far.

13. Atherton213

All arrived :)... also picked up some clearance stuff at target (towels and brushes... about $6 for all of it) Also not pictures was some meguairs polish from walmart that was on clearance for $4

[​IMG]

14. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

Nice collection. For ten dollors more you could of gotten 5 race glaze brushes. pretty much the same as the sv.

15. Atherton213

2 more orders... im almost out of room on my shelves... GF ok'ed this habit as long as I keep her car clean, and she can feed her purse habit lol

First order (2 actually) is from Auto Finesse... (thanks martin btw!!)

AF Rejuvinate
    AF Mint Wheel Wax
    AF ObliTARate
    AF Revive
    AF Tripple Polish
    [​IMG]

2nd order(s) are from clearing out the local pep boys clearance and some from online
    Pep Boys
    AGHD (picked up another for about $20)
    AG Shampoo (x2)
    AG Rapid Detailer (x2)
    AG Vinyl + Ruber care (x2)
    AG Super Resin Polish
    got 2 free buckets also :) (spend over $25 get a bucket lol)
    Car Pro Eraser (videos ive seen says this does much better than just an IPA wipe down, figured i would give it a try)
    CG Microfiber Wash Detergent (wanted to try something other than just warm water)
    Duragloss waterspot remover (i have the CG waterspot remover also, but ive heard the DG is more LSP friendly)
    Dodo Juice sample size waxes - Hard Candy and Orange Crush (gf's car is red)
    Dodo Juice finger mit (the dodo was the cheapest online actually.. 110ppi so should be pretty good)
    Free sample of Blackfire Clay cleaner (no idea about this but it was free)

[​IMG]

16. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

wow, nice collection! Growing rapidly haha, cant blame ya, im the same way. Placed about 5 orders in the last month for stuff and more still in the mail. It's an addiction and I haven't done anything more than the family cars yet...

and for what it's worth, i've been waiting to use this stupid smiley....:100post: lmao.

Cheers
    Sean

17. Atherton213

Lol yeah I've done family and friends only so far

18. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

Awesome, it is growing. Pull the needle out NOW! :)

-Martin

19. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Definitely let us know how the AF ObliTARate works, very curious.

20. Atherton213

Just picked up a Bissel little green machine at work for $20 :)

Sadly it comes at kinda a cost.... I work for geeks quad at bestbuy and my store was one of the 50 in the company to get shut down. Probably get moved into a new store but my daily drive will go from 2.5 miles to about 25-30