My Small Collection....

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by agpatel, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

you need more wax

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

It is not a 100% swap, but find it similar, I still use Menz as my final wipe down after I do finishing polish. This helps cut down the amount of menz i use as it is significantly more expensive than megs.

Misha, yea that is the last thing i need LOL, I am thinking of going the coating route but dont know what i will do with all my other lsps...maybe just say the heck with it and still use them on top.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Sadly I dont get to use items as much as I like, only have one car, and normally only polish it once a year thus the reason I only have 8oz of polishes and have sold off the rest of the bottles. Other items get used every now and then depending on the mood and what Iwant to try out again.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Have been a little MIA as I have been busy with work but this just came in the mail over the weekend, cant wait to try it out soon!

[​IMG]

5. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Who is carrying this now?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Some of the UK folks are carrying it, I got mine directly though Dom @ DDJ, but some of the UK sites are starting to sell it and maybe someone in the stats will be carrying it soon like AG.

7. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Well I can't wait to hear about durability.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

8. armenakadino

armenakadino Birth of a Detailer

how did you end up deciding the best temp for your wine cooler was 46, just wondering I have mine set right now for 55

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Was the lowest it could go, and found it was a good temp that keeps my softer wax's on the firm side, thought around 45-50 would be a good temp to keep...55 is ok too..really anything consistent is good, but some of my softer wax's like insignis v1, zymol liked it cooler so i kept it cool as i could.

10. armenakadino

That's my wine cooler the max it goes down to is 50 I'll probably end up setting it to 50 degrees. Ya I know it says 69 degrees in the picture but that's when I first plugged it in

Attached Files:

11. armenakadino

btw have u thought about getting a bigger wine cooler so you could store all your waxes in the same place, they do have a pretty big vinotemp wine cooler at costco that would be perfect for wax all you need is to change the shelfs to plexiglass and your set.

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have thought of a larger one but do not see the need as I only keep my higher end ones in the cooler the rest are in my closet which stays pretty constant.

13. armenakadino

Oh makes sense, since you have had experience with all those waxes which would you get if your looking for a wax that looks good on black cars and is in the price range of 50 to 100 dollars

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Dont have experience on black cars, just my red GTI, but in that range I would look at:
    - Zymol Glasur
    -Rubbish Boys OE
    -Ioncoat Naviwax Dark
    -Victoria Wax Chaos

Just some all around good ones in that price range if I remember correctly.

15. armenakadino

Cool I'll be placing an order soon on the rubbish boys

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Little update:

[​IMG]

SV Mixing Bottle
    SV Crystal
    Wolf's Body Wrap
    Muc-Off Wheel Wash
    Bilt Hamber Cleanser-Fluid (Suppose to be like IPA, i.e. remove polish oils and LSPs, spray fluid)
    BF Interior Cleaner
    Dodo Juice Tyromania

17. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

how do you like the muc-off products..what else do you have?

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

It is my only muc-off product and will be using it this weekend, will post back...

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nice collection! Have you tried that body wrap yet?

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

No I have not, tried it on my test panel and it was ok, tried some IPA and it did not remove it, and APC and was still there...buffing was a bit difficult but maybe bc of my long wait time as i forgot about it, oops LOL.