my plan for detailing in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by kyoshiro, Jun 4, 2011.

1. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

So since I live without a garage, I'll be working in many different locations like covered parking, visitor parking thats next to the hose, etc etc.
    My plan is to weekend do my detailing while weekday I go haul ass at work (2 interviews pending :)) I will probably then move on from my own vehicles to family friend's vehicles (but not gonna charge a shit load cuz I'd hate to get them being picky on me) then eventually the plan is to get a ground floor garage store to do my weekend detailing (once i save enough money and have a steady clientele) and start rolling in cash from 2 jobs :D

I have ended up shipping 5 boxes/items of detailing goodies back. 2 boxes of gallons (7 or so dif product), 2 CG 4 gallon gamma seal buckets full of 16oz/32ozs, 2 boxes in a box of ONR and more 16ozs (yes 2 boxes in a box to confuse you all) and a rubber maid filled to the brim with more product and stuff. Thus I have concluded I wont be needing to buy anything for at least a year+ and i have a shit ton of random stuff (shipping 33 boxes/items) I'll prolly have to get a warehouse to store most of the stuff I'm sending back cuz I seriously dont have that kinda space in HK LOL

So yeah beyond my plan for detailing, I'll probably go and buy microfiber in rolls and get em made into towels locally buying from the wholesalers and then eventually using my super duper connections with garment factories in China. Let me know if any of you want to try them out cuz shipping from HK is actually fairly affordable lol. Before you know it i'll be running a detailing products factory!

2. t-dawg

t-dawg Two Bucket System Washer

Hey Aldric, when do you leave for HK? I might have to fly to Taipei next week for work and might line up a couple cars like last time either in HK or Taipei. If I make it there the same time as you let's hit up a bar one night!

3. kyoshiro

Hey Terence, I'm leaving on Monday so I'll arrive in HK on Tuesday or so. All my detailing stuff wont arrive till July tho lol (except my Insignis V2 and Concorso) so i'll prolly try and get some samples from the Meguairs distributor in HK or something along those lines to feed the itch. But yeah let me know when you're in HK and we can hit a bar or something =p

4. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Good luck in your endeavors. Are you going to be on the Kowloon side or HK island?

5. kyoshiro

New Territories =p

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Good luck with everything Aldric!

7. kyoshiro

oh Ken, when you finalize your labels, send it over via email so I can label them gallons LOL

8. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

what car you driving in HK now?

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I would love to try some if you actually get the ball rolling.

Will you be one of a few people that detail in HK or is that popular there also??

I hope all of your stuff makes it there ok.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

10. kyoshiro

prolly driving my father's GTI or Bimmer but its gonna be gung ho public transport 99% of the time lol

detailing isnt very popular in HK, from my initial search, theres only like a dozen or so of detailing shops out there and only a handful that does a proper job. There's a lot of cheap ass auto spa places in car parks but not really that great. The environment doesnt really cater to it when everyone lives in apartments and car ownership is quite expensive in general.
    But yeah I'll be sourcing japanese clay too, just gotta head on down to the places where they import japanese car care stuff and buy em.