My nephew's car is in Hot Rod Magazine!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by DLR Detailing, Aug 19, 2008.

  1. DLR Detailing

    DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

    I would like to share with the racers here at DB that read Hot Rod Magazine. The October issue has the coverage from the Pump Gas Drags held in Memphis this past May. My nephew invited me to go with him, of course to keep the car looking good between passes. :thumb: His 1st pass brought the crowd to it's feet and the guys from Hot Rod were able to get a pic before it came back down - page 42 '78 Ford. :picture:

    I am VERY proud of Robert and his racing skills, especially since he is only 21. With a very small budget and alot of hard work and dedication, he is able to play with the big dogs and have fun doing it! :headbang:

    My ugly mug...uh make that back, is even shown in the article. pg 35 standing behind the red Camaro #27. :gasp:

    Dave
     
  2. Asphalt Rocket

    Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

    Thats awesome, I had a car in a magazine also years ago, great feeling. Did you get the magazine framed for him yet.
     
  3. DLR Detailing

    DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

    Great idea!
     
  4. Asphalt Rocket

    Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

    There is a company that lamenates the cover and the article, I can't remember if the magazine did it for me. I am sure that would make a nice gift for the holiday or birthday for him.
     
  5. littlemissGTO

    littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

    Sweet I'll pick up a copy tomorrow.
     
  6. Nica

    Nica Banned

    oh wow, how cool is that :thumb: if any one picks it up, it would would be nice to see a picture of the pages...just throwing it out there :whistle:
     
  7. DLR Detailing

    DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

    Give me a little time and I will see what I can come up with. :shead:

    Dave
     
  8. DLR Detailing

    DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

    Here are some pics of the actual event. I wasn't able to get the photos from the magazine. :sorry:
    The car is a 1978 Ford Fairmont. That is probably why no one took Robert serious about racing. :shead: Here is a little about the goodies...powered by a 355 cu. in. Chevy with a 2 stage plate and bottle kit, the Ford rear axle receives all that power thru the Power Glide tranny.

    http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/DLR_Detailing/PGD/goingtotech.jpg
    My brother-in-law and myself delivering the car to tech inspection.

    http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/DLR_Detailing/PGD/preptime.jpg
    My nephew putting his number on and myself doing a little touch-up work.

    http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/DLR_Detailing/PGD/staging.jpg
    Nephew staging to run

    http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/DLR_Detailing/PGD/FairmontonBumper1.jpg
    The money shot! This is actually from a young man who runs 1320 video.com My understanding is that a full length video is in the works. :thumb:
    A side view of this picture is one that made the magazine.

    Hope these help everyone to understand my enthusiasm.
    Thanks for looking.
    Dave
     
  9. Asphalt Rocket

    Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

    The last shot is awesome. nothing like having a 10 inch tire car leaving that hard.
     
  10. DLR Detailing

    DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

    My nephew mounted a mini-cam to the side of his helmet at this event. The video from this run was something else. :popcorn: The return lane audio however is "R" rated. I would probably have said worse. :shakehead:

    Dave
     
  11. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Wow cool pictures, I agree though that last shot is wicked :cheerl: :cheerl:
     
  12. Asphalt Rocket

    Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

    I picked up Hot Rod on saturday to read the article, once again congrats on him being in the magazine.
     

Share This Page