My most recent purchase.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Erik Mejia, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

These are some new additions to my collection. OCW isn't really new, I've had the smaller bottle, but liked it's ease of use so much, I decided to purchase a gallon.

Optimum Protectant Plus is really nice, I like how it's got less shine than 303.

Optimum Car Wax
    Optimum Protectant Plus Sample
    Wheel Wax Extreme Black Tire Dressing
    Gliptone Clay Bar

The elastic properties of this clay are really great. If I'm not mistaken it's original Kucala clay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Yeah those Gliptone bars are like Opti-Clay, Riccardo etc.

I read the company I think you got it from bought pallets of the Kacula clay when he got sued and have been sitting on it for a long time now.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

nice haul! One tip, keep that Optimum protectant AWAY FROM HEAT! If it gets hot in your garage, then it should NOT be there...otherwise, it separates, looking like milky water at the bottom, and sperm consistency at the top...I had to throw away the entire gallon because of that, shaking it up didn't help...AG replaced that gallon for me, and I had the same issue with another gallon later down the road...so, if you don't want it to look like semen, keep it inside the house...

4. Mindflux

I have a gallon of OPP that has done that, and I keep it inside at all times, always have.

I think it's just separation, shake it and go. But I agree with keeping ALL products out of the heat.

5. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Agree! I had received a sample in trade and it had separated. I shook it and got it uniform but it made a mess when I applied it (uneven and smelled rank). I tried to use Power Clean to remove it but it still seems like it caused permanent unevenness in the sheen.

6. Mindflux

Mine smells fine and applies fine after shaking? Perhaps I'll ask Dr G. ?

7. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I did. He did not have much of a response except it likely had been spoiled (heat/freezing).

8. Mindflux

Well that sucks. I wonder if he'd change his thoughts if it still smelled like normal.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

shaking it up did not help...I ended up throwing a whole gallon away...that was a year or so ago...then I switched to a different product...

10. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

Optimum make great products. I havn't ventured into their waxes though, might be worth a try next summer. I'm guessing you like the optimum car wax?

11. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

its great stuff. i use it in between waxes when i feel that my layer of wax could use some help after a wash. its a breeze to use and goes on just like how you would use a qd.

OCW also has a carnauba warm look to it. this is definitely a product that i will continue to buy and that i highly recommend.