My homebrew project

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by SDMDChris, Dec 24, 2012.

1. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

Chris those 'maros look great. Really wanted to see the SGM Stang tho!

2. SDMDChris

SDMDChris Birth of a Detailer

Me too. I really wanted to see how nice it looked on a dark color. Were going to try to do it this weekend.

3. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

It was about 60 but we are often fairly humid here. Regardless it looked good and a week out it still looks really good. Sharp reflective finish, the kind where you can see the road in front of you in the reflection in the hood :) Also very little dust.

I wish I could capture it in a picture but on our Dolphin Gray Mazda3 when just the garage door opener light is on at night from about 5 feet away I can't actually tell where the surface of the paint is on the hood because I really only see what it is reflecting rather than the hood.

4. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I have to say that this product may actually get me back off the wagon... Or as Seinfeld would say "back on the wagon". I'd gone over to the coatings but I really do miss the stress relief of waxing and I like being able to change-up the look from time to time. For example from the more muted soft shines of some waxes to the more reflective smooth pond look of this.

5. SDMDChris

Awesome! Glad you liked it man!

[​IMG]

6. LIM3

LIM3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Gonna be waxing my car soon. Synergy green camaro !

7. SDMDChris

I've tweaked the formula a lot since you got your sample. I did a new method tonight so I was able to ad water to the wax emulsion. It makes the wax much softer and much more creamy. It is a lot easier to apply and spread thin.

8. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Another reminder...soon as you're ready to sell off another batch please let me know!

Greg

9. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

WOW Chris, your project has really taken off since the last time I followed this thread. Like others have stated, when you are finished making your next batch I would be in for a sample if possible or could purchase a pot. Might I ask what is the expected durability of your wax, and what size is the jar?

10. SDMDChris

The *free* samples are now done.
    The jars 250ml.
    Per DB rules I'm not allowed to advertise my stuff for sale, sample jars or regular size.. PM me.

11. waynvision

waynvision Two Bucket System Washer

This thread is epic and awe-inspiring!!!!!

12. mrperple

mrperple Virgin Detailer

Got my samples in yesterday. Smells of lime, reminds me more of green skittles though if that is even a smell. Wax seems to be on the hard side of waxes. Hopefully will be test out tomorrow if the weather holds up. Supposed to be in the 30's. So nice and warm. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Got it, thanks!

14. SDMDChris

edited per db rules

15. LIM3

That's freakin sweet !

16. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

Hey i know the guy who makes that stuff! lol

Thats really cool Chris!

I cant wait to use my sample, you were right, this stuff really needs to be a little warm before application, its quite firm when under 60 degrees, almost like a hard wax. Its consistency is a bit firmer than my Celeste Dettaglio is at the same temp.

17. mrperple

mrperple Virgin Detailer

Congrats Chis.

18. SDMDChris

Washed the DD today and took a few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Right after spraying the truck off
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after about 15 seconds
    [​IMG]
    after about 30 seconds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some videos, excuse the iphone quality.

Testing beading with pressure washer on low setting.
    Cloud 9 water beading via pressure washer. - YouTube

Testing sheeting, my hose have ridiculous pressure, so not really the greatest test since it splashes everywhere.
    Sheeting test via garden hose. - YouTube

5 gallon bucket sheeting test! After 5 weeks it sheets AMAZING!
    5 gallon bucket sheeting test - YouTube

19. LIM3

I'm going to add this to my personal collection soon. Love it

20. NickBlaine

NickBlaine Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Pm sent. This is amazing what your doing.Would like to see some pictures of product used on black vehicles if anyone has any!