My first professional detail... to be continued

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by pektel, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Alright well I'm just sayin man, if you find yourself trapped down a well after you finish the truck don't come crying to me. :shakehead:

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again... :gasp:

3. Reflect

Haha movie quotes always get me when they are put in the right context. Also make sure that Alex doesn't get near the truck either or you'll be finding body panels all over the front lawn torn in half.

What's your process for the wheels and wheel wells and all that? Are you taking it elsewhere or are you just using chemicals and then an ONR rinse? 105 on the wheels?

4. pektel

haven't worked on the wheels/tires/wells yet. Process will be optimum power clean, dwell, agitate with brushes, ONR rinse. I only have stoners more shine for dressing. I need to get an undercarriage spray of some sort pretty soon. Wheels will get 105 x 2. Tires of course will be recieving BBTP.

You're not too far off about Alex. It's surprising what an 18 month old can destroy when you turn your back for a second.

5. Reflect

Ah so you decided not to use the CG Sticky Gel? I was waiting for your review of it.

6. pektel

Ha, you know I forgot all about it! That's what I'll use on the wheels.

7. Reflect

Don't go diluting all of it just yet, only do a little bit 1:1 or whatever you want until you get the right ratio down.

8. pektel

I finished at 1 am this morning. There were a few things he didn't want me to do, like treat the wheel wells, or dress the black plastic on the bed or the back bumper. Anyways, I used a couple different waxes. The entire truck got Collinite 845, then the hood received Migliore Frutta, while the rest received Lusso Oro.

The truck owner was telling his boss about the work I was doing, and his boss is interested. He owns a car club here in town, so along with whatever cars he has for me, he's going to be putting up pictures/business cards in their clubhouse. :D

I didn't get any outside shots yet, since it was dead of night when I finished, but here are some I could get inside buffalo bill's garage :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Reflect

Looks good as hell man. Did he see it yet? What'd he say? Nice sprayer you got there... haha, I'm guessing you got the parts to fix it?

10. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Stunning. what do you use the sprayer for?

11. pektel

Funny thing, I found the exact replacement part, same brand and everything, at my local Fleet store for 10 bucks. Good as new :D

He hasn't seen the finished product yet. He'll be seeing it this afternoon. Hopefully I can get over there before he leaves so I can get a few outside pictures.

12. Reflect

Yeah that'd be nice. I just completely bombed a midterm so I'm heading home to do my mom's car to comfort myself. Might have to withdrawal. Yikes.

13. pektel

Thanks!

I use those sprayers for a few different things. In in right now is a dilution of Optimum Power Clean. I used it for a decontamination soak on the paintwork. I also used it to spray down the wheels/wells/tires. OPC can be used similar to P21S TAW.

Otherwise, I've used it for dilutions of Meg's degreaser on an engine bay, or ONR for a prewash soak.

14. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

It was a very interesting thread. To follow you through your detail. I hope you feel good about it. It sure looks good...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

15. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Looks like that turned out real good. Be nice to see some outside pics :)

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks pretty good! Now let's see some sun shots, hehe. :)

17. pektel

Just went and took some pics in the sun. Stay tuned, I'll post them up in a couple hours. Gotta go set up a booth for the Builder's Show.

18. pektel

Okay, here they are. A bunch of them!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]