My collection begins...

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Spyral, May 7, 2009.

1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

MORE! 21 shag rags (Thanks Cooter) and 4 bars of Sonus Green (thanks supercharged)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

WOW, those rags look nice!!

3. Spyral

Another order from DD showed up today!

[​IMG]

That nozzle is real nice.

4. Spyral

Dammit, I got to keep track of stuff..lol. I just realized I bought a 3" rotary BP from CG and then went and ordered a 3" BP and pad kit from Obsessive Detail Friday. Then I bought a 2-7/8" BP from a board member and a bunch of 4" pads from Phil @ DD. I need help..or a spreadsheet to keep track of this stuff!

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

LOL Man thats quite a problem you've got there!

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Now you need a 75mm backing plate from rubbish boy's :D

7. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

jesus christ....... *twitches*

8. Spyral

Looks like I'll be giving away a few backing plates..lol

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I don't have a rotary yet, but I call dibs on one for when I finally buy mine in a few months...

10. Spyral

Well, my CG order showed up a day early! I got the BP from them and put it on my old rotary that I found in my warehouse..lol. I almost forgot about this thing. It's a Chicago Electric (Harbor freight), I cleaned it up some, put the FLEX handle on it and the small BP. It can't hurt for spot polishing. I guess I'll see how the BP form Obsessive Detail is and make a decision then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Spyral

Obsessive Detail order arrived today. EZ Detail mini, BP and pads.

[​IMG]

12. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

I'm about to start rivaling you. I have an order coming in tomorrow, then two next week :p

Good stuff man.

13. Spyral

So far I have gotten 7 deliveries this week..lol. I swear, this weekend I will take pictures of the entire collection.

14. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

You're a jerk, lol. Did you ever speak with that collector again?

15. Spyral

Nope, they are in Arizona still, they get back here Friday.

16. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Well let me know for sure! I'm going to swing up and get my polisher and stuff from Ken as soon as he gets it in. Do you need/want anything from him while I'm at it?

17. Spyral

I took a few pictures of all my MF's since I washed all of them in CG MF Wash tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the bottom up:

5 No Name MF's from Detailers Domain
    6 Cobra Supreme 530 MF's
    3 CG Monster MF's
    6 Gladiator MF's from The Rag Shack
    24 Shag Rag's from The Rag Shack
    6 Super Fly MF's from The Rag Shack
    1 Ultra Premium MF from The Rag Shack
    1 Uber MF from Detailers Domain
    1 CG SUV Fast Dry WW Towel
    1 CCD Super Waffle Drying Towel
    4 Uber green glass MF's
    1 Rubbish Boy's Super Plush Drying Towel

18. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

:drinking2:
    I raise you with that pick and add about 400 towels

19. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Spyral, When you get a chance to use them, update this thread on which one(s) you like and why.

20. Spyral

Give me some time, man, I just started last month! lol

I can do that now! Here are my top three:

1) The Rag Shack Gladiator is hands down the absolute best towel I have ever used and my absolute favorite. I am ordering a dozen or so more here shortly. The towel has an excellent feel to it, very soft and thick. It is excellent for wiping off wax and buffing. It is also a large towel, 16 x 24, so it has a lot of surface area and can be folded over a few times.

2) The Rag Shack Shag Rag. I had 2 of these and liked them so much I bought 21 more off a member here. These are a smaller towel than the Gladiator, 12 x 16, but it has many of the same qualities. This is a very easy to handle towel that is real soft and just feels good. I use these for everything from removing polish residue to QD wipe down.

3) Detailers Domain No Name. I got 5 of these from Phil when they were on sale. After getting them, I noticed first that they were very nice, but a little stiff and there were quite a few loose green fibers on the towels. I washed them in CG MF Wash before using them (as I do all towels). Once they were washed, these towels softened up big time and are just really nice. Well constructed as well.

An honorable mention goes to the Rubbish Boy's drying towel, it is an amazing towel. It is the thickest towel I have ever felt and it seems to be able to absorb about 20 gallons of water..lol.