My collection begins...

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Spyral, May 7, 2009.

1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

MF towels that Phil sent me.

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

You need more wax :devil:

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

is the blue towel in the pic with the black ribbing a CG towel?? if not where did you get it? It looks alot like the 550's I got from CG

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

So, Are they or aren't they. That is the question...:shrug:

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Wow, that's a lot of products in a short period of time!

6. mrgolfrider

and what is crazy is that he pays with cash/debit... I know I didn't get that great of a tax return, oh wait, I didn't, I owe 770...LOL!!!

7. Spyral

Those are CG Monster MF's.

I only spend money from my side business on my hobbies, that includes modding my car and detailing. I don't touch my paychecks. If I don't have enough in my "fun" account, I wait. I have never seen a reason to get into debt for a hobby.

8. mrgolfrider

Side business..damn!!! thats a decent income then...

9. Spyral

lol..I make almost as much on the side business as I do at my regular job. My side business is weird. I make modified XBOX 360 controllers and sell them on ebay, Amazon and through my website. You would not believe how many people buy these things!

10. Spyral

In the middle of today's detail..taking a break. New (to me) products I love = Menzerna Micro Polish and CG EZ Creme Glaze!

I'm going to wax with RBOE today.

11. Spyral

RBOE is harder to apply than SN..lol..my arms hurt.

12. mrgolfrider

thats an interesting side job..do you have a degree in anything, or is tinkering with electronics something that just comes natural to you?

13. Spyral

Computer Science degree, but never used it..lol..I like tinkering with electronics.

In other news, I am NOT a fan of RBOE. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but dayumm is this stuff hard to apply and remove! SN was much more user friendly. I have to pull the car out of the warehouse and do a wipe down with some Red Mist, then I am finished!

Pretty sure I will be getting rid of the RBOE.

14. Spyral

I went to Harbor Freight and picked up a rolling cart for my supplies, now I don't have to worry about running around to get anything!

15. Spyral

Some new stuff arrived today. 9 Uber pads, new Grit Guard 2 buckets system, Uber interior kit for leather, a new spray bottle (for PB APC) and some sponges. I figured I would take a picture of my "corner" in the warehouse. I keep all my supplies on this cart I got at Harbor Freight. My FLEX is in the bag on the bottom shelf. The only thing not on the cart is my towels. I keep those in a plastic box in my office.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, sorry about the crappy cell phone pics! I left the D60 home today.

16. mrgolfrider

I hate you just a little bit.

how much was the cart, that is exactly what I need, I could see myself making some sort of drawers for the bottom, or retro fitting some store bought drawers down there. What do the people at the warehouse think of all of this?? do they know how much you spend on your products??

17. Spyral

I got the cart at Harbor Freight for $34.99.

The people at the warehouse have no problem with it. They all think it is nuts how much money I have spent, but they have their hobbies too.

18. Spyral

Just added a gas powered pressure washer today..lol..pics to follow tomorrow. I need a foam lance.

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

damn. i wish I could spend that much in such a short amount of time. Some very nice stuff you got there.

20. mrgolfrider

learn how to mod x boxes and you will be golden!! LOL!!