My car got keyed!!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by racersky, Jan 31, 2009.

1. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

Like what the title says I my got keyed last night at a local walmart. I was wondering if there's anything I could do to repair it or makes it less noticeable? If I run my finger nail over the scratch I can feel it. Has the scratch gone pass the clear coat?

2. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Mostly likely yes it has gone through the clear. How bad is the keying though is it all over the car? If so I would contact you car insurance provider and get this fixed. I may cost you your detectable but they won't hold it against you and raise your rates since it is not your fault. I have seen this happen to a couple of friends before.

3. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I'm sorry this happened to you. I wish I could help you more...:sorry:

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Sorry bud, that sucks. Any pics of the scratch?

5. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

man that makes me angry for you. a mans car should never be messed with. off with their heads!

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The title made me angry, any pics? What car/color is it?

7. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

What kinda car is it? Just keyed for no reason (ie. you weren't taking up two spots in the front of the lot)? :shakehead:

One of our family vehicles was the victim of $2000 worth of damage 2 weeks ago from a few drunk kids who came to the wrong address. Caught the assholes in the act at 3:15 in the morning, they are now facing felony criminal mischief and trespassing charges (IIRC), and are being charged as adults.

8. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Wow that sucks I got my truck egged a about a year back and by the time saw it the next moring the egg etched the clear and left a big mark. It going to go get painted this spring so I know how you feel.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Sorry to hear about your vehicle, when I hear such things it's not only sad but extremely frustrating.

I sent you a PM but I agree how about posting a picture of the damage.

There is something you can do about the scratch, just have to be careful that's all.

10. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Why? Why do people do such ignorant things? Because you have a nice car and they don't? There's just NO excuse.I'm sorry to hear this.

11. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Yeah im sorry to hear this as well, some people just have something seriously wrong with them...i hope all works out for you! Get your insurance on it, thats why you have it..for stupid things like this..good luck

12. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

I got an adjuster to take a look at it and it seems that it will cost a little under my deductible ($500) some how. I'm gonna try and fix it myself and hopefully make a DIY while i'm at it if the results comes out nice.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Those mutherf****. Sorry that happened to you man. You sure it wasn't some crazy :crasy:ex-girlfriend?

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Wow, that really, really sucks. WTF is wrong with people?

More and more, I drive the beater around town. It already needs paint anyway. If someone keys it, fine by me. When I do drive the S2000 to someplace like the mall, I always park it all by itself...and sometimes, I wonder if I'm just asking for trouble by doing that.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree with you, that's why I don't feel bad driving my old, rust bucket to work and around town, all vehicles have a purpose, even the old ones :thumb:

16. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

Carlos are you on Yahoo messenger? I have a question to ask you

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Um...not at the moment but let me go get my crack berry :thumb: (it's got yahoo messenger on it) Go a head and send me the message I'll respond in a few minutes :thumb: