Must buy of of these

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by distrbd, Oct 21, 2007.

1. distrbd

distrbd New Member

A nice propane or kerosene heater for my garage so I can continue washing /waxing ,changing oil ,etc in winter.
    I tried to insert the picture the way I usually do but it didn't work.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

That's odd, what did you?

3. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I clicked on "insert image" button and got the direct link from the photbucket site.
    Also tried copying the image off IMG code ,didn't work either

4. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Don't worry ,I got it :)

[​IMG]

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Those things definitely work well.

6. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Where did you get yours from?

7. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Canadian tire sells them for $219.99 .princess auto sells almost the same thing for $119.00
    I was looking for one that uses kerosene,found one for $200.00 that is probably what I'll get.

they warm up an average size garage in about 20 minutes,not bad at all.

8. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:( My garage is really big thought. Well is higher than most garages, it fits a F350 with a 6" lift without many problems. I was thinking about the ones from princess auto! Maybe I get them for winter washing!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad it worked out.

Say what :eek: no way...I need one of those...I got a smal heater in my garage but I haven't really tested it out..mmm..well I should give the existing heater a try first :rolleyes: before I purchase another heater hahahaha.

I've seen your garage it's masive, wish I had one like your's :( I would have my lift by now :D:D

10. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Princess auto sells the bigger ones which need the 100 lbs. propane tanks.

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:p Everytime I go there I end up spending so much! Things are so cheap there. I got a set of those interior button removal tools for something like $10.

I want to get a lift so badly! They are really expensive for the set up, and the next owner of our house might not like it. So unless we find a really good deal on one I doubt we will get one :(.

12. distrbd

distrbd New Member

:):awesome:Hi everybody.
    Yesterday I made it to Princess Auto and man do they ever have great heaters on sale .
    I bought a small forced air propane heater on sale for $119.99 cheaper than anywhere else that I searched,it works with a BBQ tank or the bigger ones.Tried it when I got home and WOW it throws a lot heat for such small heater.
    Princess auto has a lot of different type of heaters from radiant to convection ,kerosene ,electric.most are on sale.
    Just don't look around and go straight to the isle where the heaters are otherwise you will want anything and everything you see:):awesome

13. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

The best part is that everything that they sell is at a great price. Even when it isn't on sale it is cheaper than a lot of places.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

That's the problem, every time I go to Princess Auto I always end up purchasing extrasssssss :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

So um....got any pictures of the heater, I wouldn't mind seeing it ;)

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice find! Yes, show off some pics of the heater in action. Just keep it away from anything flammable, HAH!

16. distrbd

distrbd New Member

this heater is the smallest they have which is perfect for my small garage ,I just started it to take a few pictures and during those few minutes the place was warm enough to work comfortably.
    Here is a couple of pics,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

hmm Rookie question here, but wouldn't I have to have my garage open to use one of these? After running it for a while wouldn't you have a lot of CO2 in your garage?

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Wicked pictures, thank you for sharing.

I was going to ask the same as sneek, from what I understand you would have to have some kind of ventilation though to clear the air. Well that's what I've been told.

Thank you for posting the pictures looks wicked :thumb:

19. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

hmm, that kind of kills it. I was thinking about getting a garage heater...but I think it is last in line after a new floor and lift.

20. distrbd

distrbd New Member

According to the manual "adequate combustion and ventilation air must be provided,1/2 sq.ft near the floor and 1/2 sq.ft near the ceiling"
    So what I'm going to do is leave the door to the garage slightly open which should give me about one sq.ft.
    My plan for using this heater has been to run it for 20 min. in the garage while I'm in the house getting my cleaning and waxing stuff together,then go shut it off ,the garage should be warm enough to work on the car for about an hour.I know its not meant/designed for hours of usage unless its in open area .it says on the heater cover " construction heater".
    Hey BTW Sneek when are you going to get your lift?:)