Most Filling Glaze

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by froboy272, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jackson

jackson Virgin Detailer

I would recommend trying Presta Aurora Hand Glaze or Malco Plum Crazy Hand Glaze.

It fills and lasts quite a bit.

2. jackson

jackson Virgin Detailer

I would recommend trying Presta Aurora Hand Glaze or Malco Plum Crazy Hand Glaze.

It fills and lasts quite a bit.

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

froboy, as stated above by the other user, Meguiar's M21 Synthetic Sealant is the detailer's equivalent of NXT Tech Wax and is available in gallon sizing.

4. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Im pretty sure that #21 and NXT are completely different products. I have never seen durability from NXT but I have seen some really nice protection from #21. Where did you hear that?

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Mike Phillips from Meguiar's once said that. Difference between NXT 2.0 vs M21 - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online He didn't say they were the same but #21 was a bit tweakened for higher heat rotary application.

6. :agree:

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I agree Doc..had some minor scratches and thought I would try out the new Wet Glaze 2.0 since I just got it yesterday. I'm not a fan of glazes, but since Doc liked it I thought I would give it a try. I must say that it took two coats, but the scratches are gone. This is inspecting in full sun. Never had the need to hide scratches, alway's polished them out, but this glaze does fill.

8. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

There is a product I used at the high volume car wash for the $130.00 buff service. It seemed like a glaze but had incredible filling properties and was applied via rotary and polishing pad. I quick compounded the entire car with a wool pad and then finished up with this and was done in about 25 minutes. It completely hid the deep rotary holograms but does not last very long. First wash and its gone, but it definitely did the job for that service. It's part of the "hack" detailer system, but for $130.00 service the car turns out pretty good. When I get the name I'll post back here, we called it "sleek" but I'm not sure if that's the official name.

Edit: Well, that was a quick search. Sleek is a product made by Carbrite which supplies many of the quick detail shops around the eastern states if I recall correctly. This is definitely what your guy needs to get the results he wants. I would recommend compounding before, just to level out the heavy swirls on cars, and then go over the car with sleek and a polish pad to clear up the holograms. The compounding doesn't need to be intense, we just laid a whole bunch of lines around the car and cut at 1500-1700 rpms, cleaning the wool pad after two panels. It's really quick....sloppy, but it's exactly what he needs. I haven't used the stuff in a while, I might pick some up to see how it works with a 1 step M105 cutting service and then using this as a glaze cleaner and then seal the paint with a good wax.

I would also have him take a look at some of the Ardex glazes. Ardex popped up for discussion here a while ago, and they supply a lot of body shops and quick detail shops. The shop I worked at switched over to Ardex but I never got to use their glazes before leaving. I think the Ardex Stereo Glaze might be a similar product to Sleek.

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

:thumb: Not to mention it leaves an awesome finish and it won't wash away with the first wash. This thing actually has some durability.

10. i386

i386 Virgin Detailer

Just wanted to say that I was lurking the forums today and saw this posts as I was looking for this exact solution. Did the trick today for me unbelievably. Thank You!