Modification on my other expensive hobby-Bike

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chaseme, Aug 20, 2011.

  1. Chaseme

    Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

    I've had a 2002 R6 for about 6 years now. Being an old bike means finding parts and aftermarket parts is getting difficult.

    I wanted to pick up some bar end mirrors for my 1st gen. Sadly, I couldn't find aftermarket bar ends that would fit the CRG mirrors.

    Fortunately, my dad has various machining equipment (lathe, press, etc) shop in our basement. So we picked up some hard plastic bar ends he cut them to fit.

    Here is a pic of what we were going after:

    [​IMG]

    Here's a pic of the parts pre-fab:

    [​IMG]

    Completed:

    [​IMG]

    Fitted:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  2. cnut

    cnut DB Forum Supporter

    Looks good! How functional are they? Can you polish up your carbon peices or are they too far gone?
     
  3. Chaseme

    Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

    The mirrors actually work well. No vibration and it is convex so you can see more than otherwise.

    The carbon fiber has deep scratches. It's not clearcoat so I'm not sure I can do much without further damage.
     
  4. nyrep1

    nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

    looks good i have crg lane splitters on my 05 zx10r and love them ....work much better the stock mirrors
     

Share This Page