Migliore Presidenziale / Porsche GT2

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by drsullivan, May 28, 2012.

1. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Awesome ride there. It looks awesome. Its by far my favorite car !!!

2. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

Those are some absolutely beautiful looking tires, but I have had more than my fair share of problems with Pirelli, and after switching to PS2 and Michelin in general I have never been happier.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

That looks freakin" awesome! Great job. Ditch the wheels for sure. There are three automotive laws that should never be broken. You don't flame Honda Civics. You don't pinstripe German cars. You definitely don't run chrome wheels on supercars.

4. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I don't know, Ken. Aside from the fact that they are now collectible and probably shouldn't be messed with I think flames on a Honda 600 would be awesome. I agree about pinstripes but I wouldn't limit it to German cars. I think this GT2 may be an exception that tries the rule on chrome wheels. Personally I hate chrome wheels on just about anything aside from pre mid '70s American muscle cars and hot rods but if these are the factory wheels on a car destined for collector status I think you either leave them or take them off and store them in their original finish. For a number of reasons I really don't like the notion of having them stripped and painted. I would also submit a fourth law: you don't do the whole slammed/stanced/hellaflush program on cars that could actually handle well with stock suspension, e.g. M series BMWs, AMGs and litany of others. A late 60s or early 70s full hydraulics lowrider Impala (with chrome rims and pinstripes) is cool, taken on its own terms. The car couldn't handle to begin with. A stanced E36 M, on the other hand, is an abomination.

Issues of conservation responsibility and good and bad taste aside the GT2 looks great.

5. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

The GT2 looks fantastic. Not a bad way at all to spend a weekend off :)