Microfiber or Cotton to buff wax?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by togwt, Jul 5, 2009.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

The guy that sold Zaino in charlotte now is together with another shop and have a store front in Charlotte. Sells Zaino, DF towels and few other things also does PPF and tint.

AutoShield Carolinas

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I think I might put in a very small order and see what happens...

It is ok to wash your cotton towels with your mf?

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

NO! ha, sorry for the big letters but I accidentally put a terry in with my MF and will never do that again. Little terry fibers all stuck in the MF was a pain! Wash them separate.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

5. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the cotton can be washed with the rest of your laundry (as opposed to the MFs that need their own isolated wash load due to the static charge they generate) as long as you're not using fabric softener.

(this is just an addition to what agpatel noted above. Wanted to save you some water bill $$ and be sure you were'nt running unnecessarily-small loads wherein you would be isolating your cotton towels from your MFs and any other regular laundry).

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I guess you could put them in with your bath towels. I like to keep everything separated anyways and run small loads. I have a small washer in my apartment so a small load does not use much water. I wash all my cotton towels, use for leather, at once which is around 10 after a detail.

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

For me it is no concern... I live in an apartment and utilities are included in the rent :D

What kind of detergent do you use?

BTW I just ordered a 6pack of 17x17 towels... no clue if I will get them but what the worse that could happen... I loose $30?

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

It was $37 for 6 17x17 towels shipped to my door... I really hope I actually get them, I am very excited to try these!

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

You get them from DF or the auto webpage I linked?

I use CG Microfiber wash....pretty good all around detergent. Heck I even used it for my clothes once when I ran out of regular stuff.

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Ordered from DF...

11. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Old thread REVIVAL!

Did you get them? :headbang:

12. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

which DF towel ? DF concours or Polyfiber towel?

thanks

13. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Nope... waited two weeks no towels, emailed and he said that my CC didn't go through and it was their fault. Then I repaid using Google Checkout and my money was returned three days later... that was last night so I sent an email asking WTF...

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Concourse, the terry cloth towel (white)

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

If they still dont work out you can get some from Pakshak or the link I posted for place in Charlotte. Next time I go home I may stop by and pick up a few to try out.

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Any news yet on them coming in?

17. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Here is the story...

I ordered... 3 weeks later received nothing so I emailed the company, he said my payment was rejected, so I repaid... then a week later that money was refunded, so I emailed him back and he didn't reply, emailed again with no reply and then tried on more time... still no reply...

18. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

- That's amazing. Hehe.. I wanted to buy some of the towels from a supplier in the UK, but the supplier haven't received anything from DF for some time now.

I have some rebranded DF Concours towels though(SonĂ¼s Concours) and I really like them for wax removal.

Kind regards,

Ebbe