Micro-surface Tuf-Buff black wool pads

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by scheerspeed, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

2. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

i have 6 of the 5-inch and 5 of the 3 inch

3. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I got a awesome deal on the 3 inch on Ebay from a guy that was selling them. I am getting ready to order some 5 inch.

4. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Have contacted the australian distributor and going to order a couple of each size

5. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

any more news on these

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Well, I've used both the 3 inch and 5 inch wool pads and they're great, especially the 5 inch ones. The 5 inch ones are really nice and thick and also soft. They finish down really well as well.

7. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

I used it and I liked it. At the moment I prefer the LC Purple, but I have to use the Tuf-Buf more.

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Ive heard nothing but great things about these pads.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I like both the PFW and the TB wool pads but the PFW pads seem to not last very long (at least the foam portion of it). We'll see how the TB fare over several uses. I might just do away with PFW pads all together but we'll see.

10. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

i like the TB pads better... they seem to last a LOT longer, and not lint nearly as much as PFW. also i like how the center isn't cutout on the TB pads

11. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Pat ,any opinions on the pads ?

12. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great pads for the money. I bought 40 :)

13. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

where did you buy 40 from? I need to source them.

14. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

15. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

should I get 3 and 5 inch or 4 and 5 inch? I'll probably get a box of each. Let me know what you guys recommend.

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

When I bought my first set, I just went with a couple of 3 inch and a couple of 5 inch pads. Those will be the sizes I'll probably stick with in my next order.

17. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

thanks denzil. I've sent an inquiry to them. How long did it take for them to ship it to you?

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I can't exactly remember how long it took but it was fairly prompt. It didn't take a long time like my Solo order did.

19. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

do you guys call or email to order? or does anyone have some extras?

20. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

what rpm are you guys using these black tuf buf pads? I have the 5 inchers and a couple 3 inchers and love them but wanted to hear from you guys on what speed with PO203. they really are great pads. I use them on white painted cars and the clear is almost lsp ready. darker colored cars still require another step of finessing polish.

thanks

godoman