Menzerna Power Lock will be in stock tomorrow

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Strytnyne

Strytnyne DB Forum Supporter

lol durability from a personal use stand point as a detailer. can you really go for more then 3+ months without topping it with something new ?=p

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Me, probably not. But I always let a new LSP run its full course so I can get an idea of how it may perform for extended time on a customers car.

I will leave PL on my car for at least 3-4 months (top ups will only included QD) to see how it holds up.

3. Strytnyne

Strytnyne DB Forum Supporter

i left 501/105 on my work car for about 6months without only aquawax in between washes, it was still beading like a champ. if PL can last that long, its a def keeper.

and dsms...damn you and ur gloss it write ups, tempting me to pick up some!

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

:doh:
    :deadhorse:
    :crasy:
    :shakehead:
    :thud:

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

6. detailersdomain

Beading shots on the S4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

ooooooo very tight beading

8. detailersdomain

9. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Loving this stuff so far!!!!

Here's a Turbo that recieved 2 coats of Power Lock...

Definitely one of the easiest products I've ever used!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Best wax or Sealant:

Is there a best? In my opinion- No!

The aesthetics of a vehicle appearance is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you and meets the criteria you set for it.

While it’s true many of the chemicals used in the formulation of car care products are the same (or at least very similar) Having used a variety of different products, at various cost levels, I can tell one from another and field testing shows that not all have the durability either, some simply outperform others in many categories and react differently when applied to different paint types, paint hardness, colour, or varied paint surface conditions.
    Ultimately the best wax or sealant will prove to be the one that best meets its user's objectives. If a product is not working for you experiment until you find one that’s suitable for your needs.

There is no one product that can produce all of the properties for an optically perfect shine, however; for high surface gloss and surface reflectance-a polymer sealant, which also provides durability. Detailing enthusiasts consider shine as only one attribute of a protective wax or sealant. They are equally concerned with; ease of application, resistance to abrasion, atmospheric contamination and weathering as well as strong cosmetic enhancement characteristics

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Gorgeous! Good to hear some more good feedback on this product.

12. detailersdomain

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

is that your wife's car, Phil? It looks stunning? Cannot wait to get my bottle of Menzerna Power Lock!!!

14. detailersdomain

yup it is.

thanks!

15. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Would you guys say Power Lock is a good all around Sealant. I'm considering getting his over Autoglym HD. I'm mainly looking for durability, beading, and looks. I realize it's a sealant, but how is it on say lighter colours? It looks great on black, but I'm thinking of getting some of this now, and later on getting some Autoglym HD to top it. I think that would be a superb combo.

Brendan

16. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I just tried the Menzerna power lock on my car, applied with a PC went on very easy and came off easy also. I waited a 5-10 minutes before wiping off, looks great and leaves a very slick feel. nice stuff!

17. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Did you guys use the power lock with a black or red or gold pad?

18. detailersdomain

19. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

if my wife had a nice car like that it would be trashed in days.... nice ride by the way .. love those cars..

20. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

So I haven't posted on this thread yet because I didn't know what I wanted to know/ask about it. Well I guess I have a question for all those that have used Opti-seal, if PL is so easy to apply, what makes it so much nicer that Opti-seal? Please be nice guys.