Menzerna Power Lock pics #3...

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by dsms, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Greats pics Dave. Looking forward to hearing what the durability of Power Lock is.

2. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

wow that looks amazing. Love your work bro

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Anyone heard anyone say anything about topping it?? Looks great as it is.

4. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Car lookin' sharp Dave. What about Power Lock has grabbed your interest? I would think you've tried/used just about everything LSP/sealant out on the market worth mentioning...

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

This is exciting stuff. Cannot wait for some beading shots.

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Awesome, thanks for the response. I look forward to trying it out myself. :thumb:

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Yup I have played with just about every sealant out there, to say Power Lock is better than any is a bold statement with just 2 uses down but its absolutely a top quality product from what I have seen thus.

Time will tell, and the beads will tell too :shrug:

8. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

very nice review....the farm in closter..

9. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Cant wait to give it a try. It must be something nice if its gonna out my BF AFPP.

10. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Yup, Best iced coffee in NJ

11. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Fair enough Dave, keep us posted.

I'm sure you have tried BFWD. Any initial thoughts between the Power Lock and BFWD, differences in application/removal, etc...

I've been using BFWD recently and like it very much. Easy to apply with a PC and removal has been effortless. Granted this is in cooler/mild winter temperatures.

12. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Yes I have used BF WD extensively. its a top product, only issue is that on some paints it will smear (hard to spot but with an LED its there) I say it probably comes from the polycharger in it.

On my car which oddly enough has easily marred and finicky paint (not typical audi rock hardness) BF WD would smear all the time, even when applied thin by machine. Colli 845 did the same to it as well.

Powerlock did not smear my car at all which is nice to see. And I cant seem to tell the difference between it and BF WD, its certainly no less impressive and as slick if not slicker than BF.

13. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

my 2007 A4 is the same way!!!!! it really really really pisses me off :( yet on my turd SRT8 Chrysler that sounds like the front end is about to fall off after 38k miles. it is next to impossible to scratch :(

so very sad that the car that lasts longer will take 8 times the effort to keep the paint sharp.
    Of course it is Jet Black so there is no hiding the marring / etc. makes me sick :help:

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Dave, is your Audi metallic or non-metallic?

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great review Dave. Now splurge on some bottled water and get some beading pics! :)

16. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

The Audi looks fantastic, such a lovely car! Thank you for the additional follow up, I have a quick question for you; how would you compare it to Collinite 845?

17. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

My input on PowerLock:

great product. used it today on a Black Audi S4

Application- Black Pad via PCXP [Easily went on with very little amount]
    Haze/Cure-A few minutes.
    Removal- Very easy.As said by other its like butter.

Finished Result- Made the flakes in the paint pop and left the paint feeling super smooth

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Do you find the paint is soft when correcting, or just super easy to mar? On my GTI the clear is stupid crazy hard when polishing, but can mar super easy.

19. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

sounds like sticky clear to me, has it ever been resprayed?

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Nope, factory paint. Most every person I have talked to working on newer VAG cars have noticed the same. Clear is hard but easy to mar. Hard clear does not equal hard to scratch by any means, different mechanics involved when correcting versus scratching.

Maybe its not stupid crazy hard, :lol: