Menzerna Nano Polish PO106FF really necessary?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by kav, May 9, 2008.

1. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

I think it really depends on which type of paint you are dealing with.. I was working on a G35 and SIP with white SONUS was my combo of the day and I really thought it finished pretty well.. I then followed ultrafina or 106fa and i couldnt tell any difference.. but i just went with ultrafina all the way just to make sure.. Lots of factors.. really up to you. Should have good lighting and tape up for 50/50 to do a comparison. There is no reason to do final polish if SIP covered that..

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I've noticed the difference from 106FF to 85RD. But to be honest it depends on the clear coat. I mean I tried 106FF and 106FA on that MDX and it wast inducing micro marring, I used 85RD and it made a huge difference. So some vehicles like Merc. they seem to love 106FF or 106FA and finish off better then 85RD...but again that's just what I experianced.

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

To me 85rd produces the best results for the final finish, not by much between it and UF though. As far as using Sip and not using a final polish is incorrect, it should always be followed up with a final polish, then your lsp.

4. Usjdmtuner

I totally agree with you..not to make an argument... as far as mentioned above.. i used SIP to correct and to my eyes it was ready for LSP but I always go extra step and went with UF and didnt see much of a difference.. maybe its just the paint...

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

O.k., surprised that you didnt notice a slight difference, normal UF gives a little extra.

6. Usjdmtuner

how would you compare the finish on UF/fA/FF/85rd in your opinion
    ?

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

What would be a solid alternative to 106ff for use on mainly non-German paints. I think 106ff is a great product and it leaves a fine finish but its just too finicky sometimes. Im thinking Megs 83 would be worth a try or Presta 1500 maybe, do they dust like 106ff?

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

You dont need FA if you have FF, thats for sure.

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

The 85RD gives the best finish, then you would have UF, FF, FA about the same. What UF has going for it is that it is alot easier and quicker and gives you the same results as FF/FA.

10. Usjdmtuner

i totally agree.. when i was working on 85rd with the civic, I saw huge difference after SIP... honestly i prefer UF because its easier to work with and it never gave me a problem.. but with final polish, 85RD gave me the best result..

11. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Anybody here get tired of SIP and 106ff's long work times? When they dont act up they are quite nice to work with, especially 106ff but IMO they take a very long time to fully break down and it takes a lot longer to polish using them. Im looking for alternatives now and seeing if there is something comprable to 106ff and SIP to cut down on time consumption.

12. Usjdmtuner

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Really you don't like the working time, I really enjoy it. I've been using Menzerna for a wile now and I can finish LSP with it, yes may take a little extra but it comes down to technique. As for Menzerna acting up, it has acted up once or twice for me but it's really not that bad...you just have to know how ot adjust your technique that's all...well at least that's my experiance :shrug:

14. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Megs 105 is more abrasive then SIP and PO106FF together. IMO they are not comparable to each other.

Using MG105 for medium swirls is like shooting ducks with a flak gun.

15. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I think its funny that I can fully correct and finish a heavily swirled car using M105 and UF in less time than it takes me to do just mild correction using SIP and 106ff as a finisher. IMO it should be the other way around.

16. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You are using a more aggressive approach so it should be alot faster to correct.

17. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

True, but on most cars, you will be removing way more clear than is necessary.

18. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Thats why I only use M105 when its appropriate. Also since its so aggressive and cuts so quickly I normally add a dab of UF to the mix just to make it work a bit longer.

19. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Dont forget pad selection.