Menzerna 106FA

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by P1et, Nov 5, 2007.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

So I see that Phil has a few of these bottles on Detailers Domain. How does this compare to 85RD?

2. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

they are both good finishing polishes that leave a high gloss, 106fa has a bit more cut in it . i find 85rd finishes down a bit better leaving a crisper finish

3. P1et

I'm confused between 106FA and 106FF now...

4. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

106fa is a newer uprated version of 106ff

5. P1et

Aha, OK, that makes sense... Looking forward to FMINUS' review of it!

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

That makes two of us.

7. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Heres my understanding WITHOUT using all 3.
    (soon guys soon, I have all 3)
    FA=more oils than FF so less dusting same cut
    RD=less cut as FF but same gloss.

8. P1et

Interesting stuff, let us know what your findings are when you're using all of them.

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Ive heard from a few people that they are getting more gloss from RD compared to FF.

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

so FA~ BF SRC FP?

dayum we really need easier acronyms.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

:confused: you lost me at the FA :righton:

Just teasing.

I like 106FA, it's quite something it finishes off quite nicely....I've been finding my self using 85RD3.02 more and more and the more I use it the better it performs. It all depends on the clear coat of the vehicle but Menzerna by far is a product that delivers....the thing is that I got the full line up and I still haven't tried the entire line up...I've used Power Gloss and that stuff is wicked strong yet it will finish LSP ready :thumb:

12. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

PO85RD3.02 (INTENSIVE POLISH) FINISHES DOWN LSP READY ASWELL, THEN YOU HAVE JUST PO85RD WHICH IS A FINISHING POLISH.

3.02 HAS MORE CUT AND LESS GLOSS THAN JUST PO85RD FINISHING POLISH

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Your right, PO85RD is the one I have yet to use on a vehicle....I keep using the 85RD3.02 and I'm very pleased with it. I remember seeing the post or the Rangerover Clark did at DW and the difference the 85RD made was incredable. It was mind blowing, the picture he took was very impresive...I should get the 85RD bottle out and have a go with it....oh and yes I keep confusing the two products..my bad :acry2:

Thank you for clearing that up Jayplay :thumb:

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Just so you all know I have 4 bottles left in stock and then no more...sorry I'm teasing you all.

Pretty much what FIMINUS has said.

106fa is actually a BMW part number for a couple facilities.

Let me know.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Link?

:( Cant you get more?

16. Nica

Nica Banned

17. detailersdomain

18. Nica

Nica Banned

19. detailersdomain

no big deal but add the lead time to that and I think by spring we should have some more if there is demand.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

That's true shipping usually takes a bit, besides the winter must a bit slow for you...but then again X-mas is cuming ;)

I'm curous do you see an increase in sales during the X-mas holidays or is it the oposite? Just curious that's all.