1. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

im interested in trying 85rd after SIP..ive been using 106...with great results! i guess i gotta break out the CC and give Phil from DD an order..haha

2. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

I thought 106FA was just a new version of 106FF. Do you mean Final Polish(PO85U)? or are you just saying 106 is good for a 1 step?

3. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

yes 106FA is the new version of 106FF = less dusty.
    106FF has little cutting power and can finish lsp ready
    85rd has a slight edge over 106 as it leaves a glossier finish.

4. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

FA is engineered for bmw paints, FF is for mecedes paints. Per jeff silver menzerna usa

5. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Thanks Jayplay :thumb: Good to know Grouse.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have had great luck with the SIP/85RD combo. THE BEST!

7. P1et

This is one pass of PO85RD...

[​IMG]

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice picture P1et :thumb: thank you for sharing.

9. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

What pad and vehicle?

10. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

What pad and vehicle? PC,flex or rotary?

11. P1et

2006 G35, white CCS pad, on the PC, speed 6.

12. P1et

Was this a surprise to anyone? I guess not! That just shows how GREAT this polish is!

My neighbor has two very bad bird etchings in his clear coat, they had been there for over a year. Nothing he tried could get it off. I gave him my PC with an orange pad and some SIP. One pass took care of it. He was SUPER impressed!!!

13. Nica

Nica Banned

All hail Menzerna :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:thumb:

14. P1et

I wonder how pissed off manufacturers of polishes like Poorboys and XMT are. Who on earth still buys that at this point???

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh man I still have a full bottle of XMT 1, 2 and 3...don't get me wrong, those were the firs products that got me hooked on detailing but after the learning curve and order a bunch of products to compare and see what I liked and didn't like I'm affraid that XMT is collecting dust, but yea it must be hard for such products to compete with say Menzerna. I'm assuming that the sales of such products must be taking a hit but I wonder :shead:

16. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I think those products are just what you stated. I think they are perfect beginner products since they have a very shallow learning curve. However as people become better at detailing these products just don't give the results that products like Menzerna do. I think products probably do OK since they are targeting a completely different audience than say Menzerna is, not to mention that the price difference also dictates the target group.

17. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I was lucky. When first getting my PC this past summer, Phil advised me into Menzerna. It was effective with the PC (although it took a while to work), and now with the Flex there's no looking back.

I tried some samples of Optimum polishes, but so my first test section and then reach for my Menzerna. Just not the biggest fan of their longer working times. If I'm doing a customer's car, then the quicker a polish works the better.

18. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Jonny,

Thanks for the ups!!!!

As for the menzerna and longer work time use a little less product it should cure the long work times you are having. Like go a dime size instead of a quarter.

19. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Well i have been watching this thread since i posted it and it has seemed to come to an end. Id like to say tnx to all for shareing your thoughts about the product line and some great recomendations on what is good for what, you all have given me a good idea were to start and that is what i was looking for. ........This forum kicks @$$.

20. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Couldn't agree more

See also-Menzerna Polishes Methodology Parts I & II

Part I – Menzerna Polishes - Methodology Part I - Auto Geek Car Care, Car Wax and Auto Detailing Forum

Part II - Menzerna Polishes- Methodology Part II - Auto Geek Car Care, Car Wax and Auto Detailing Forum