Meguiars Wheel Brightener.....WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Handz, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

So, I keep hearing the rave about Meguiars Wheel Brightener on the forums So I drove to Detailing.com and picked up a Gallon.

I Tried it out on my beater BMW.....

OMFG!!! AMAZING!!! It took off junk i thought i was gonna have to clay to get off. Stuff P21S or Diablo straight didnt even scratch!!!

I know this isnt something to be used all the time... but it does handle business on REALLY dirty wheels.

2. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

Awesome stuff for sure....

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Just make sure your wearing breathing protection and gloves

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Yeah, I use it a bit more than I probably should, but it means business and is my favorite wheel cleaner evar!

5. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Handz, what dilution did you use it at? I know Meguiar's says to use 4:1 but supposedly you can use it up to 10:1.

6. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

i used it 4:1

7. Tim_G

Tim_G Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good stuff indeed for hardcore dirty wheels.

+1 on the safety stuff: wearing goggles also is recommended. Wouldn't want any acid ricochet back to your face (esp eyes) when scrubbing.

8. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

you dont even have to brush the wheels with wheel brightner, wheel brightner is definitely the s#*t!

9. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Yeah, i took your advice when you said "I just use Megs WB most of the time" lol

10. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Pictures please!

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

I gotta get me some to try... always forgetting to buy a sample from ADS

12. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

i have hearing great things about acid, so decided to try it on my old beater wheels

OMFG!!! AMAZING!!! It took off junk i thought i was gonna have to clay to get off. Stuff P21S or Diablo straight didnt even scratch!!!

that acid must be some heavy duty cleaner, is it ph neutral ?

13. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

Since it's an acid, I'm assuming it's ph acidic....under 5...

14. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

glad my wheels dont get that dirty

15. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

yea they do make a great wheel cleaner.

16. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

yeah, tried WB the first time a few days ago, pretty good on benz brake dust problem. It is very important you wear gloves and mask so you don't breath in that stuff, it keep on making me cough.

17. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Yea it's awesome, but don't breath it or get in on your skin. Like even little drops from an EZ brush, make sure you wear a long thick shirt. I used to get splatter on my arms and it would make me light headed for the rest of the day.

18. richy

richy Guest

That is the big cannon you should have in your arsenal when nothing else works. Wear protection, both for skin and breathing, and when you're done rinsing it with water, spray APC, let dwell and then rinse again. The acid will continue to dwell even after being rinsed with water if it's not neutralized. Not a big deal and it does not add much time to do.

19. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

you can also use baking soda and water if you are too cheap to use APC. You have to watch with acids as the will pit the barrels of the wheel ver easily if not properly neutralized

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yep, Meg's WB is definitely awesome stuff. I only really use it when a situation really deems it necessary.