Meguiars M101 compound

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Misha, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Tru_Shine

Tru_Shine Virgin Detailer

M101 is incredible, it finishes down better, works longer and doesn't dust as bad as M105. It definitely makes chasing those deeper RIDs easier too. It is mostly used as a D300 or M105 steroid, but it can be used solo.

I found that when using it with the PFW pad, it leaves more haze, but using it with LC Cyan pad it left an amazing finish. you can go straight to LC black and 85rd( or preferred finishing polish)
    Surbuff+M105 is a MONSTER, MF cutting pads are good, but only on some paints. and the new OPT MF cutting pads are good with it too.

I'll be posting up a Jet black 335i write up that I used the M101 along with the CSC (Charlie Sheen Cocktail) Lots of WINNING!

M101+Dynabrade = "Doing it Big"

2. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

LOL! You gotta love all the one liners coming out with the M101! :)

3. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Pimp Juice....

Charlie Sheen Cocktail....

The Jesus of Compounds....

Did I miss any?

4. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Well, I contacted Shinearma UK and they came right back to me saying that they cannot get it in the UK, Meguiars UK has not been able to confirm that they will ever stock it.
    They also told me it is available in Europe, but I dont know any places in Europe to go to for this..

Dan F

5. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

The product I have came from Italy and Turkey. I think production hasn't kept up with demand and as that changes someone will come up with a supplier to meet US demand if Meguiars dosen't step up to the plate.

6. Tru_Shine

Tru_Shine Virgin Detailer

Pimp Juice.... M101 solo

Charlie Sheen Cocktail.... M101.....mixed with 2 other Game Changers all on one pad :O

The Jesus of Compounds.... the worst thread title I've ever heard.......

The CSC was founded by Jeff aka Gofast908. works pretty good, depending on which paint your working on.

7. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

If I'm on the same page as you, I believe this is the combo I used with Bryan and Joey earlier this week. Cuts through defects like butter...

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Use M101 with a few drops of 85RD on a half yellow half blue pad and you can compound and finish down with a single step. Brilliant...

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

all this contraband LOL........ how much is it running you guys on average with shipping?

10. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

They say M101 is the gateway compound. After a few drops, you're hooked.

11. Kilo6_one

Ill notify DEA........

LOL

Honestly, i was not a fan of M105, I am a Powergloss fan.....
    is it really that much better?

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The two litres I sourced were between $50 and $75 per litre shipped in the USA. Very reasonable.

13. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

two liter bottle is between 50-75? or you bought one liter bottle on two separate occasions that cost between 50-75? if its for one liter thats alot of money. Where can you buy it?

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I found two 1 litre bottles. One was $50 and one was $75. Thats not a lot of money for a quality product. I use about 3oz of product for each trip around a car with my polisher. I charge $300 per trip. Eleven trips per bottle. That means I turn $75 into $3300. We have to stop looking at what stuff costs and look at what it produces. The sellers will remain anonymous for now.

15. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

I have a connect for gallons or for quarts if anyone is interested let me know I'm putting together a huge order. Send me a pm if you would like some.

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

17. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Well said Ken.

On another note, what happened to the "like" feature

18. Kilo6_one

I liked the like feature.

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Looks like it has been replaced with the "Thanks" feature