Meguiars M101 compound

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Misha, Jan 8, 2012.

1. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Thanks Charles for the info. I guess that it'll be awhile for me to get some since I have like 8/10 of a bottle left of m105. I wonder who will be carrying it...

2. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i want some bad lol anyone that gets some from overseas reasonably please pm me

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Can't wait to try mine out....

[​IMG]

4. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

/\/\ Do you have a link where to get some Jason???

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice to see you here Charlie. I'll post my findings when my litre shows up as well. :)

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I don't..... I was fortunate to have Charlie hook me up.

7. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Me too!

[​IMG]

8. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

There is a rumour someone is trying to bring a few cases into Canada.

9. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

lol.... I will be standing by waiting to purchase at 50% the price of M105 when people decide its not worth the premium considering its not a 1 pass wonder..

Anyone remember M105 or 85RD for that matter :)

10. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Just speaking for myself, I don't have the extra $ to buy M101 at a premium and if I did, I doubt I would. I can mix up a decent blend of M105 and D300 and do just fine.

11. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

/\/\ then it will be DM305 or M305 or D305 lol. What would be the mixing ratio?

12. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

Got to use some of this earlier this week. Definitely ordering this and a dynabrade head.
    It cuts down on compounding time/effort required so much.

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Even at the going price ( I was offered some at $50 and $75 for a litre ), its still a good deal if it works well. If you figure that each time around a car will use around 3oz and I charge $3-400 for each trip, I'll turn the $50-75 into $3-4k. If it was $200 a litre, it would still be a good deal based on the possible return. Maybe some of us need to stop being such cheap asses, and start paying a decent buck for quality products instead of expecting everything for free. Mike, this is in no way directed at you, its just a general statement. :)

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I just want some. I liked 105 and want to try this.

15. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

M101 is well worth the price 105 and a surbuf was literally going to take me a day to cut out the rids on this clear. 1-2 passes with the M101 and the rotary knocked them out with no problem what so ever it also works really nice with the cutting disc....

[​IMG]

16. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Ok, I would like to try M101 too !!
    Anyone want to sell me some ? Or point me to the "dealer"... :)

Thanks!
    Dan F

17. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

This is unbelievable... If it worked so much better than everything else and Meguiars and the UK people knew about this earlier then whats stopping them selling to us? Right now, not buying into all the hype. Might be better an M105, but if so marginally.

18. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I have used it..........many guys that I KNOW that can properly correct paint have used it, we all come to the same conclusion..............it is the next step in aggressive paint correction from Megs(Note I am banged for not sharing products and tips...........constantly) so if you do think it is hype do not buy it.......there will be more for me to use.

Now please Luke do not think I am being a "Smart a**" towards you, but if you get some you will see the difference in two minutes flat.

19. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Now I know this was geared for the European market, and has capabilities that are needed for that market, but Meguiar's MUST have tested this product on US based auto paint during the research and development process and seen the results it could produce and the versatility the product has, it just gets me curious why this wasn't dispensed to a test group here in the U.S. as just a trial run. I don't want to make assumptions though, Meguiar's is a successful operation and has been doing a top notch job for years so I am sure they had their reasons, but given the chatter on the boards you would think they would find a way to get it to U.S. markets.

20. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree: