Meguiars D300 Question

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by J BELL, Feb 18, 2013.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

What is the working time of the microfiber system compound when using their microfiber cutting pad? Anyone have experience?

Edit: I mean 300, obviously.

2. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Good working time and finishes down nicely, not like M105, but if you need more cut add a dot of 105. D300 is a pleasure to work with, softer paints may require a finishing polish to finish down nicely.

3. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Thank you for your response, i am looking forward to using it.

4. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

As close to a 1 step polish that I have ever used. Good Cut, low dust, Fantastic finish.

5. pmakhija

pmakhija Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have always used Menz. PF 2500 but I am also curious about the D300 and its application. Would this be something I would work with right after clay barring the car? Do I need to add a final polish after I use the D300? Any input will be appreciated!

6. xseveredveganx

xseveredveganx Virgin Detailer

I used the Megs microfiber system yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I worked the D300 quite a bit and didn't have to reapply product often.

7. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

With normal to soft paint and average to light damage the d300 on a mf pad alone will be a one and done process, harder paint or increase in imperfections will need a bit more low end umph, add one or two drops of m105 and work like normal. IPA, then wax or seal, with MPL and a good towell the paint will look as good as its ever going to get.

8. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

More cut than SIP and less than 105? Is that accurate you think? How much less than 105?