Megs Soft Buff Cutting pad (Burgandy one)

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by reefer_bob, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Sure it is, even in your above post you say it is a control issue. Instead of saying something negative about a product that you can't obviously use be honest, don't make excuses. Just say I have trouble with them instead of make an excuse to why not to use them. They are excellent pads, if you would have said, I don't find they don't cut as well as my other pads then that would be a different story. Don't tell me you have skills when you can't even control a 7 inch pad. Maybe you need to go over to AG with the beginners and learn a few things and stop with the excuses that are in your posts.:p:

2. :chips: :popcorn:

3. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

...I CAN and DO use 7" pads.. I said I use megs so1o wool pads.. I just find them harder to control. I admitted I found them harder to control than smaller pads.. but I can adjust. No where did I say ANYTHING negative about the pad or made up any excuses. I simply stated my opinion that I love the idea of them.. but wished they came in smaller sizes. PERSONAL preference. Who are you to claim I can't control them? I CAN, I just choose NOT to. What's so bad about my opinion? Just 'cause I don't have 1700 posts doesn't mean I'm a "beginner". And where's the excuses you speak of? Quote me if you must.. :shakehead:

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Dam, that many posts, didn't realiaze that, thanks. I like how you contradict yourself about being able to control the pad. You are correct in saying that posts don't mean a thing, just what your posts say do-that in itself says it all. In your show and shines you make excuses and this was brought up to me by several others and now once again you do it. My point is don't say you have skills when you say you can not work a 7 inch pad. Also no need to contradict yourself either or make excuses for not knowing how to do something, it just makes it worse for you. Then trying to tell someone how to market themselves with upselling a wax when you don't live in their area. Just be honest about something or don't post at all and you will not be called out for your so called skills.:roll:

5. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

You canadians and americans are always saying how stiff and hard the LC orange pads are
    I have never had an issue with them

Anyhow the new Lake country Kompressor purple power pads are out and I do like them better but only for their cutting power

What I do with all my pads - megs, flexipads, menz, LC's, edge classic and many other pads is to add a small blob of the Black Baron pad lubricant and I can buff Prima Swirl or any product for 10 mins or more on one section. it never stops lubricating and glides like butter.

Sticky paints I neutralise with Glare Zero and Micro. they fuse out the sticky layer.

some boiling water on a clean and dry foam pad helps with how well the pad moves across the surface too

6. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Dream Machine, for clarity on the boiling water on the pad, is this something when you get a new pad to like break it in, i just want to understand the process ? Thanks.

7. greased

greased Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Every pad lubricant Ive used has changed how the polish performs. In most cases Ive found it reduces the cut. This isnt a good idea if youre using a DA, or even a Porter Cable... I havent used Black Baron, tho...

I spray of hot water on the pad helps...this combined with massaging the pad with your fingers helps as well. Lightly massaging polish into the entire pad before you hit the paint helps alot also.

8. greased

greased Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I havent read the entire debate...but ime Ive found that 7" pads are a pita to use with a Porter Cable 'DA'... Ive found it loses its 'rotation' with much less pressure then if you were using a 4"...or even a 5"...

9. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

How different are the Soft Buffs from the Soft Buff 2.0s? I accidently ordered the orginals :(

Smaller pads have more cut on a DA.

10. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

The main difference is you can wash the 2.0's in the washer.

11. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

yes it is but I also do that with the Edge white foam pads that are used as it makes them softer

12. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

With every other pad lube besides black baron, I would definately agree with you
    The black baron has been superb though

I got 10 mins out of Prima Swirl with edge and LC pads with my Makita 9227 on one 3 x 3 section . 4 mins correction, 6 mins jewelling
    sure I could have stopped sooner but I just had to see how long it went for

No holograms at the time or months later so that's great
    I only use this with abrasive polishes as others I have that are solvent based (AMIGO, GLARE etc) need to be used with dry pads only

BB does make IMHO a polish not dust as much or at all and improves the lubrication between pad, polish and surface.

13. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I have to agree, I always thought Megs pads were overrated and just popular because of their name, but i have come to really love these pads, i just wish they were a bit cheaper but I would still buy them