Meg's 105 - Pad Selection

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by dschribs, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I agree about the least aggressive method, but you change the cut of 105 with your pad choice so it isn't that big of a leap as you put it. Now 105 and a wool pad and you have a very aggressive combo for sure. 205 is a great clean up polish after doing heavy correction work but by no means a great finishing polish. I always follow up 205 with 85rd or Ultrafina.

2. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Thats why I added that advice. To someone ordering polishes they need to know that 105/205 combo is not going to be a complete line up.

3. dschribs

dschribs Virgin Detailer

Thanks for all the info. Since I am fairly new to detailing, I only have two polishes at the moment
    (205/105). I have used the orange Uber pad and Meg's 105 via PC. I followed that with 205 on a green Uber (on a black Nissan) and I have to say I was very impressed with the results. From what I see here, it looks as though the two pads are fairly similar but yellow gets the edge because of it's softness.

So bottom line - using 105 on a PC - Uber orange would be more agressive than Uber yellow- Correct?

4. dschribs

dschribs Virgin Detailer

Whoops! Just saw that - Thanks Agpatel...

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

The yellow has more cut. 105 and 205 are the best polishes for the pc, you should be able to remove most defects with just those those 2 polishes.

6. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

I just got my hands on some 105 (thanks Phil) and I must say, it's impressive. It's quick, finishs down really good and so easy to clean up!!!!!

Althought, I don't really like the 205, I prefer P085RD still :)

Also, I bought some CG pad contidioner, which seems to have made a huge difference as well. You don't have to prime the pad full of product before hand.

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

dd YELLOW PAD!