MD, VA, NJ, DE Meet?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by willjco, Oct 26, 2009.

1. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

I might go for a makita if i find a stack of money laying around :shrug:

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

theres one missing didnt dsms say he was attending?

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Guys I got a stupid dilemma here ...

I'm not going to be able to bring a rotary to the meeting, so I feel I shouldn't bring the beat up sentra if I'm not going to be able to work on it. I can bring my car that has a few panels that might need some light polishing, but nothing major. It's a black car, but it's not in terrible shape.

I just don't want people to feel I'm trying to get a free detail out of this meet. I will bring extra beer for the meeting and I can share some samples of the products I own with you guys.

Let me know what you guys think!!

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

bring the beat up car. some of us have rotaries.

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Yea just bring it. I MIGHT be bringing a Jetta along for the ride.

6. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I'm bringing mine so we'll have that, I just used it yesterday. We need a beat-up car to work on, and I'm assuming your talking about your Auroa as the back-up, and like I said before since that paint is butter soft it would be really hard to learn on.

7. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have never seen a car so beat up than this sentra. I'll try to get a used rotary for the meet. Unfortunately the one Billy got me needs some work and I rather buy a good used one. I appreciate his help ... he's a hell of a guy always trying to help out. I owe him big time.

8. GDAL

GDAL Guest

BTW ... bobby ... what the hell were you detailing yesterday??? LOL. I hope you are not going nuts in college trying to detail appliances and lockers ... LOL. We'll talk before the meet.

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I'm bringing my rotary but haven't decided if I'm gonna bring my PC as well.

10. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i got my swisssssssvax locked and loaded!!

11. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

^ lol thats all you need.
    thanks just updated

but as for rotaries and pc's whatever you bring is fine, and no one (at least i dont) thinks you're getting a free detail out of it. We're just learning from each other and using different products to improve. for example i have my cousin's c300 which as many of you have seen my writeup has paint defects where wetsanding is needed. as well as my car if we have time. Hopefully DSMS will be able to show us all how to wetsand as he is confortable doing so on Porsches :eek: so overall its a meet to learn and have fun at.

12. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Haha I went home for a couple days and saw that my Mom had tried to rub off bird crap with dry paper towels or a brillo pad or something, and my sister and her friends had sat and slid on the dirty hood of my car, so I had to bust out the rotary ha. I've only been gone a couple months and already the cars are getting beat up.

Haha I wax my Macbook and iPhone :thumb:

13. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

lets update the plan . what have we decided? are we meeting at phils? then meeting at the totowa address? me and my swissvax would like to know :chips:

14. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I would say meet at Phils that way if we purchase stuff we are all not crammed into our cars with a whole bunch of products plus I think its just a good central point

15. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

I'd be more than happy to show you guys how to wetsand as well if dave can't make it. Plus ill have a scrap panel for you guys to practice on as well.

16. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

^I agree meet at phils....Learning/watching someone water sand would be great

17. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

oh and this sounds good meeting at phils first would be great...

18. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

What time are we planing in meeting at phils?

19. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

is this for the 22nd. i forgot allready

20. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

yeah the 22nd