Maintenance wax over a sealant , Optimum Spray Wax or Lusso Oro ?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by xyz10, Apr 18, 2012.

1. xyz10

xyz10 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Any opinions on which wax is more durable ? Which one is "nicer" appearance wise ?

Currently using Four Star UPP and still have the same bottle from 3 years ago. Wax would be used every 2 weeks in the spring/summer/fall as a maintenance wax over the UPP. Blue Acura TL that sits 24/7 outside in NYC.

Need to restock some items soon from DD. Thanks in advance! :thumb:

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Sonax Speed Wax is spray wax and very easy to use. Not sure about durability though. Optimum Car Wax is another very nice spray on wax.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Im very happy with Prima Hydro, and I have Duragloss too........... I tend to reach for Prima.

Since I wash my cars once a week, and use it as a drying aide and final wipe down, durability does not matter. But it looks fantastic, and is very slick

4. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I haven't used the Lusso Oro wax although I have, and like, their glass cleaner and wash. I suspect the Lusso Oro will look better and might outlast the Optimum Spray Wax but it certainly will involve more time and effort.
    I get roughly a month or maybe two durability out of Optimum Spray Wax on non-garaged vehicles from spring through fall (never used it in the winter). It is super easy to apply and looks relatively good. In high humidity, over applied or over some other LSPs it tends to streak a bit. It isn't a huge issue or difficult to fix but it does happen occasionally.
    Like Kilo6_one I tend to reach for Prima Hydro over OCW. I think it looks better and it is even easier to use. Durability, however, not a strong point but it should be fine for a two or three week wash interval. I also apply it as drying agent when the car is still slightly damp, post wash. That system works great. Hydro seems to darken and fill a bit. I think it also looks deeper than OCW.

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I use OCW, Optiseal, Aquawax, and AJT. I like AJT a lot and it's really easy to use and it has better durability out of the bunch I just mentioned. Optiseal is my 2nd favorite topper.

6. minorc

minorc Two Bucket System Washer

What about carpro reload, not exactly a wax but it is a spray :shead:

7. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Reload is a very underrated product.

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Reload is one of my favorites, just the cost is unreal for the amount you get................ but it will outlast most spray waxes hands down.