maintenance wash

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Wss03

Wss03 DB Forum Supporter

It will at a high concentration.

2. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

how much would be a high concentration?

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

2oz per gallon will strip LSP. Maintenance dilution is 1/4 oz per gallon.

4. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

is that just for CWG?

5. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

has anyone found a good maintenance wash that is as good of a value (amazing dilution ratio and cheap) as CWG besides CWC?

6. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

If you want a great dilution ratio then try out Meguiar's Hyper Wash, but if you don't mind the dilution rate then hold off, and wait for their new Ultimate Wash &Wax. This new product looks very promising, especially as a maintenance wash. It should be out in either December or January.

7. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

how do u think the ultimate wash and wax would compare to the gold class wash and the nxt wash

8. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I personally dont like Meguiars Gold class anymore. I can never get it to rinse cleanly very easily and it spots alot. I dont really consider it a "wet" shampoo as I notice even while washing at night it dries pretty fast

9. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

i havent had any real problems with gold class. And no spotting except when i used it to wash my car in the sun. The dilution ratio (4 capfuls per gallon i believe) for that soap always made me feel like i was going through it way too fast. And it smells a little like handsoap to me. haha

10. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

^ yup the dilution ratio for gold class makes it feel like it's going through wayyyy to fast

11. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

my favorite maint. wash is Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss. Its only $20 per gallon and looks amazing.

12. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

What is wrong with using cwc for maintanence wash?

13. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I'll let you know when I try it. I'm planning on getting some as soon as it's available. I also plan on getting some MS Ultra Gloss and compare them along with other washes that I have.

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

A few days ago, I washed my S2000 with my usual MS Ultra Gloss. I was, as usual, amazed by how slick it is, the suds, the slipperiness, and the finish it leaves behind. It's one of MS' standout products.

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I second that. I have a few other favorites too, but nothing gives more gloss then MSUG. I usually add 1 oz of Megs Shampoo Plus for additional lubricity. Gotta love it!
    DG 901/902, CG CWC/CWG are also pretty nice, as well as Optimum, and Poorboy's SS&S.

16. noswirls

noswirls Virgin Detailer

Greetings,
    Where you folks ordering your MS Ultra Gloss from?

-- noswirls

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter