maintenance wash

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Nov 1, 2009.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

right now I am using CWG as my wash for pretty much everything. I was wondering if this was a good maintenance wash or if there was something better out there for that purpose.

2. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Optimum Car Wash
    Duragloss 901/902

Two of my favorites.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss is really nice. CWC is a little less strong, will maintain longevity of LSP.

4. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

i was interested in optimum car wash and also how optimum no rinse compares to optimum car wash in terms of cleaning power. Since optimum no rinse has no surfactants, i was wondering if it has the ability to clean as well as other car wash soaps.

thanks for your response

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have two shampoos: CG CWG and DG 901. The former is good for getting back to a "clean slate" as it strong and tends to strip waxes and sealants prematurely. DG 901 is my favorite maintenance wash.

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I've used about everything out there and my favorite is Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss. Won't harm your LSP and makes it look like you just washed the car with a QD. It's loaded with polymers.

7. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Yeah I want give this a whirl. Along with some other Majestic Solutions products.

8. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

how does it compare to CWG gloss wise? im a big fan of your detailing btw

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Love Opt Car Wash, smells great, super slick, great foaming if used in a foam gun, and does not harm the wax/sealant film in any way. It also has some nice cleaning ability as well. All around it is my go to soap, personally done like car washes that leaves anything behind as I rather use a QD for that aspect.

10. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

get meguiars gold glass ..thats really good ..it will save the wax :applause:

11. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

+1 on the MS ultra gloss. 1Z perls is a nice soap as well.

12. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Much more gloss than CGs GWG. Other thing is don't use too much GWG or it will strip your LSP. Oh and thanks for the compliment I appreciate it.

13. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Dodo born to be mild is nice as a maintanence shampoo

14. Julian_B

Julian_B Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use Lusso Auto bath with great results. Concorso on my Audi S6 still beading strong after many washes. my .02$

15. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

P21s is my favorite maintenance shampoo.

16. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I've recently made the change on a few products and came home from the mtns with an order waiting for me, which I will start using tomorrw...P21s Total Body, Sonus Green and a load of SM Arnold pads. Guess the regular purchase of new products keeps things fresh and interesting!!!

17. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Opt Car wash or DG 901 mix ONR = my favorite maintain ...

18. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

^Awesome combo. Both of them are really good by themselves too

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'd have to say MS Ultra Gloss is one of my favorites as well as DG CWC.

20. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

so does CWG strip wax?