M95 turning into cement and breaking down in 1pass

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Xcessiv, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Xcessiv

Xcessiv Birth of a Detailer

Hey!

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong... M95 on purple foamed wool pad. I've tried everything but it keeps immediately turning into cement:
    - small areas
    - create an angle on the foamed wool pad
    - use the full surface of the foamed wool pad
    - apply some M95 directly on the pad
    - apply some M95 directly on the paint
    - full speed on my flex
    - speed 4 on my flex

Without success... The M95 dries instantly and breaks down in 1 pass. :doh:

2. Joyriide1113

Joyriide1113 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You sure you're talking #95, and not #105?

3. Xcessiv

yes, that's why I'm really confused.

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Sounds like you are not using enough product. With a wool pad pick it off of the vehicle.

5. Xcessiv

How much product should I use by 2x2 area? With the amount of product I'm currently using, my bottle will barely last 3 or 4 cars.

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I will send you a pic I have of a lexus I did with the amount I used and had zero problems.

7. Xcessiv

Ok! Because I'm really confused now. At first I thought M95 did a great job, because the lubricant inside the SIP and Nano Polish filled the swirls caused by the dried M95 (ie cement). After applying the sealant, OMG! I could see a bunch of mini swirls.

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

If you want the finish perfect you should go over it with sip, then final polish with either 106ff, 85rd or ultrafina.

9. Xcessiv

That's what I did, and SIP / 106FF didn't take care of the remaining swirls caused by the "cement". I think my clear coat is really really hard.

10. Xcessiv

Looking at your picture, I've used less than 50% of this amount of M95. It may explain why it broke down too quickly and left swirls.

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

It is going to leave some swirls behind, thats where your sip and 106 come in to play.

12. Xcessiv

After a quick test, there is much less maring/swirls when using more compound. It's good to know! :worship2:

But my bottle won't last very long hehehe. :yikes:

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Glad to help, next step and with many years you will be able to finish it down with no holograms or swirls. Keep us posted on the finished results.

14. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Xcessiv, did you ever get this figured out? I don't have a clue as to why 95 would be flashing so quick on ya. Really curious as to what you found out.

15. Xcessiv

After looking at Asphalt Rocket's pictures, I figured out I had to use 2 to 3 times more product (unlike SIP/Nano)

Perfect results. :worship2::worship2::worship2: Not a single swirl/scratch remaining:
    [​IMG]

16. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Well well well, would you look at that. Good job Asphalt Rocket.

17. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

We need moe pics Xcessiv :D

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Glad to hear you were successful Xcessiv. We thought you were still having issues since you hadn't posted your results, hehe.

19. Xcessiv

That's the only other pic I have:
    [​IMG]

I also polished the wheels, repaired previous weight marks and sealed everything.

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Looks awesome, glad to be of help.