M5 + Rain + Hit and Run = FMINUS in touble

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by FMINUS, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I'm like poor car, again I'm so sorry that happen to you...Your poor baby.....Hope they fix it right for you......

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice :applause2: sounds like a great shop if you ask me :thumb:

3. distrbd

distrbd New Member

4. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

FMINUS so glad you are OK. Don't worry it looks like your car will be in good hands! Take care!

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Yep... Im gonna vomit!!!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Phil, did I see some dirt on those mats? GOODNESS!!!

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I guess its "not that bad" they are replacing all 4 wheels and tires, rear suspension, rear bumper, rear lights, right rear quarter panel, left front door, right rear door, and BOTH under rocker panels.

Price should be around 26K. Im just happy they are giving me new tires, they go for about $1700 for a set if I were to buy them, so at least Im getting something out of it.

The paint guy also showed me why Bimmer paints have orange peel and asked if I wanted "good paint" or "bmw paint" so that it would match the rest of the car. I said "make it match" LOLOL

I guess he was saying they use the same system that Lexus uses when they paint the cars, something to do with positively charging the metal so it pulls in the paint?

He says BMW sprays too much at a time but it saves times at the expense of looks. He was also showing me all the shimmys and washers BMWs use to make the cars "fit" right. It was nice to see.

Lexus has a much smaller tolerance from what I have been told and shown.

It was education at its best!

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

BTW do u see that shine on the paint? THATS LUSSO!!!!!!!!!

10. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

FMINUS it is painful to look at now, but I am sure it will all work out perfectly!
    :sorry: but at least you are fine and the new tires will be nice too! :thumb:

11. P1et

All of this and STILL on paper plates!!!

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hopefully it matches perfectly!

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I just stopped by the shop and looks like all the parts are in and they are ready to assemble.

I was inquiring about the new paint matching the original OP on the OEM paint. They said "oh dont worry, we got the BMW OP thing down."

They said they were going to make sure that the new panels have the same grit of OP as the original panels. And then they showed me a Lexus with new panels with perfect paint, and then a resprayed Bimmer with matching OP.

Both looked perfect.

What made me feel REALLY good was when they busted out a Defelsko 6000 and measure the paint, it was humorous how they were explaining the machine to me and showing the new panels were very close to the OEM ones.

He kept saying "I know 10 microns sound like a lot, but its really not, its hard to get it close to 10 micros, you have to trust me"

LOL

14. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

were you like i just spent like 2 k on a paint gauge that measures non metal

yeah op is easy to make usually all you do is not wet sand as much.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

actually its not that easy taking into account they will have to keep it within 10 microns of the OEM panels

16. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

how about get them to spray more clear on the whole car and then wetsand it so there is no more op at all :)

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

c'mon Phil, you KNOW I already asked... I really did.... LOL

18. P1et

Did you take some pics mate???

19. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Forgot the camera.... :(

20. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I figured you would :mounty: