M5 + Rain + Hit and Run = FMINUS in touble

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by FMINUS, Jan 25, 2008.

1. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

You need to buy a diesel :p

2. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

I've spun every Bimmer I ever had out--at least once. I think it goes with the territory!
    Main thing is that you weren't hurt as everyone else here has said. Great that you're taking the damage so well.
    Hope this all works out for you for the good

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Ok prelim estimate is here, rear suspension shot, probably all connecting rods/bearings, rear qtr panel, rear bumper, rear pass door, exhausts. They will know more after the insurance company looks at it, then they can start taking things apart.

But he said: "Probably somewhere in the 30s" :bat:

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Man..30's :eek:

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

MOTHERFFFFFFFFFFF Phil, that is NOT good news! Since it was a hit and run, did someone else drive you off the road???

Glad you're OK and get those pics posted UP!!!

6. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

The most important thing is your OK Phil, the car can be repair or replace. Your going to be feeling the effects soon so take it easy this weekend.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh ouchi mama that's going to be a big bill, actually my friend Gery (the guy who owns the Autobody shop) he specializes in BMW's and I can't recall the model of the BMW he was working on but just to replace the front bumper and driver side headlight was just over $10,000.00...now I can just imagine your damage and the woping bill :yikes:

But I agree, the main thing is that your okay...heck a vehicle can be replaced but life is presious, glad your doing well and I agree don't over do it this weekend you may feel fine at the moment but give it a day and you'll feel the effect.

Look forward to the pictures :thumb:

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yea they hit me from teh back that led me to hydroplane, then I spun like a top, it was quite the experience!

I know what you mean, Im starting to feel it a little in my neck and shoulder. Overall, I am happier today than ever, I just remember when the car stopped spinning all I thought was "sweet, I still get to see my baby!" LOL

And the M5 will be replaced for a measly $1000 deductible! Good thing I carry heafty insurance!

I took the car to a place that the dealers sends their cars to, so when I visit them Ill be sure to take some more pics!

9. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

if you want the car totaled the people at the body shop could possibly write the car high enough but maybe not. make sure to say nothing aftermarket and complain about the paint and stuff if you are trying to total.

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

There is no way they will total the car. MSRP on my specific car is $99,800.00. And the prelim is around 30k. So unless if they find something big, Ill have to get it fixed.

On a brighter side, they said since the car is so new (2008 6500 miles) The insurance company wont fight to spare cost to get the car back to OEM levels. This body shop is the same body shop that the BMW dealer goes through for repairs, any mechanical repairs will be done through the dealer!

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Oh man!! That is scary! Especially because of the other thread you started! I am really glad to hear that you are okay. It really sucks that the M5 has damages on it, but hey, the most important part is you. With less than 3 weeks to go ...you are a very important person.

Again, it is good to hear you are alright, take it easy Phil!

12. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Sorry to hear this. Glad you are OK and the car is not too bad. Five hundred + hp and rain do not mix. The good news is black should be easy to match. I hope you are able to get it repaired to your satisfaction. Just sucks when you take such good care of your car and something like this happens to you. Good Luck.

13. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

That sucks! Glad you're ok...I hate that happen to you....Keep us updated.....

14. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Glad to hear you're ok, Phil. I've had a few bang'em ups before similar to yours and they are scary. I know what you mean when you say you're happy to just stop spinning and you're still alive. I know it's going to be tough on the M5 making sure they put it back correctly. Go home, kiss your wife, and rub the belly.

15. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

FMINUS I am so glad you are OK. That is all that matters! :thumb: Please take care of yourself over the next few days! You are most likely going to be very sore!

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

It looks like the car may be gone for 60 days....

And I wanted to bring the baby home at 195MPH TOO!! :(

17. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

:lol2: Too d@mn funny!!! I finally have my wife convinced that's it's ok taking the kids around on trips on the highway at approx. 85 mph in the Allroad. Thing's like driving a tank down the road that goes really fast. I would imagine the M5 is similar.

18. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

just because the dealer ship goes there doesnt mean the place isnt a hackshop. id take it to a place that only does high end exotics, but that is me. and msrp is not the same as value. also depending on company they will total at very low percentages of the total value. and in the end please argue over diminished value because the car is truly worth less because of this accident.

19. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

#1 Someone who knows how to work with Ferraris doesnt mean they know Bimmers. Completely different technology and build. This is one of the few BMW certified shops that have certain machines to work on Bimmers.

#2 MSRP is pretty close to value when the car is an 08 and has 5000 miles on it.

#3 And State Farm will total the car at 70%, Ive already done my homework before I made my comments

#4 Diminished value does not mean jack to the insurance companies, otherwise everyone who gets in a fender bender would get new cars.

20. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

the car is worth less money because it has been repaired. you will not be able to dispute this because it is true (2 of the exactly same car side by side one was wrecked which is worth more money thing)

also statefarm has no problem trying to total cars at below that 70 mark seen them do it at about 55%.
    the value of the car dropped the second to signed your name buying the car.(it is no longer worth 100K)

not to argue i grew up around the insurance business.

and again sorry to hear that about the car sucks you wont have it for awhile at least you didnt get hurt!

one more thing if you havent been to a doctor please go. even if you are not hurt because if you ever seriously get hurt for another reason insurance companies will try to blame the previous incident as the cause for your problems.
    that is just a tip do with it what you may.