1. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

The backing plate works great.

I wouldn't bother buying a 12 oz. bottle. Go for the 32 oz. instead. I promise you will not be disappointed!

2. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Rick, I am just going to stick with the edge wool.

Are you picking up the polish off of the paint or applying it to the pad? I put about 2 dime size blobs on the 8" edge wool pad.

I find the W66 backing plate with the flat back 3M 8" blue foam pad to work very well together.

3. Rickrack

Bryan, I agree with you on the Edge wool, but I am curious to see if the W-5000 wool pad works any better. Meguiar's took 5 years to perfect 105 and if they recommend using a W-5000 wool pad with it, than it must be for a reason. Either way, I am VERY happy with this product.

I applied the product directly on the panel instead of on the pad. Meguiars recommeds applying it to the panel, but I don't think it really matters.

I used the W66 backing plate with the purple wool pad and use my standard backing plate with the blue UF pad. I did try using the W66 with the blue UF pad, but I prefer the standard one over it for some reason.

I can't wait to do another detail with 105!

4. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

i think i just may buy a 32 oz, but the problem is i wouldnt use it that often. but i dont know.

but i am def getting a w66.

5. Rickrack

Why don't you find someone that will split a 32 oz. bottle wth you?

A 12 oz. sample is $9.99 and a 32 oz. is $23.95, so you will be able to get 16 oz. for $12 if you split it.

6. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

maybe we should get something going and split a gallon

7. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

im for a split gallon, pm me

gmblack3, I was wondering if you really thought that going from m105 to UF was OK? m105 cuts 1200 grit scratches. isnt that to big of a jump? did you prep wash and then put it in the sun by chance, thanks

8. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

i heard the stuff finishes lsp ready on a finishing pad. that is what i have heard.

if we wait it will be 17.50 a quart if we wait for ads to get it back in. if not it will be 22.50 a quart plus shipping both ways.

9. gmblack3

Yes for sure it was ok on the black vette. Will see how bad this black M35 is this week and will try the same if needed.

Again this is the black vette after 3-4 passes of M105 w/ a yellow edge wool at 1700:

[​IMG]

IMO the wool/compounding effect is very light.

After 1 pass with UF/blue 3M foam pad at 1700 on this side of the car and the left side of the hood/roof, I did take it out into the sun and everything looked 100%. No holograms or swirls from the yellow wool left.

10. MrPolished&Waxed

woot woot !!

11. MrPolished&Waxed

is that the US uf?

12. gmblack3

Yes, UF from my local auto paint supply store. I am thinking of getting the UF in a gallon when my quart runs out in a few weeks. $35 a quart or $120 a gallon.

13. MrPolished&Waxed

$40qrt here, idk about a gallon

would you use the m105 with a w7006(maroon)?

14. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

i want to try UF !

but back to 105 does anyone want to split a gallon or should i just buy what i want?
    pm me

15. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

$30 here for a quart....

16. MrPolished&Waxed

you think you could ship it for $4? to toledo?

17. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

i just bought a quart
    didnt want to wait

but about that uf you need to hook me up with a sample

iam eating:popcorn:

18. Brent

Brent Birth of a Detailer

35 for a quart, 120 for a gallon? Not much of a bulk savings.

Would 105 go well with LC Purple Foamed Wool? Would that combo worl well to remove moderate sanding marks or would more agressive wool be needed?

19. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

^^Need to know the exact same thing

20. gmblack3

I have not tried it with a purple foamed wool pad yet as I can't find mine. :(

I think that Rickrack said it seems to gums up very quick with the purple foamed wool.