Loving this P21S Wheel Gel

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Showcasedetail, Dec 31, 2009.

1. gian995

gian995 Virgin Detailer

I use the Meguiar's Wheel Brightner (i wear thick rubber gloves when using WB) diluted as per instructions on the spray bottle once a year after the winter to get all the grime and built up brake dust from the back of the wheel. I think it may be 4:1 or 8:1. Once they are sparkiling clean, I apply Klasse AIO and SG to seal them. Throughout the summer I will wipe the wheels down with a quick detailer to extend the Klasse protection.

2. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Do you mean basic? Or are you saying everything below 10? Because as I am sure you know 7.0-10.0 would be slightly basic as it seems the P21s gel is.

If it wasn't a typing error then my mistake, just thought it could use come clarification what the German manufacturers mean. Below 10 is a big range, I could understand 7.0-10.0 but if it ever got into the 2 or below range that would be kinda scray hehe. :thumb:

Oh yeah almost forgot, Emilie you should edit you post on the second page to GI wheel gel to pH balanced not neutral. :)

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I meant between 7 and 10. I will update the posts when I get home. I also need to test Diablo and GI Wheel Gel with my pH test strips tonight.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

With regards to wheel gel cleaners; How much do you guys use? I probably only use 4-8 oz per set of wheels. I've heard of others using quite a bit more, but to me that seems like overkill.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I use about 10oz for 4 wheels. Yeah it may be overkill but oh well, its not that expensive really...only really need to use that much if it go long times between cleaning...normal cleaning i use the leftover car soap to clean the wheels. I know some use 24 oz and some use less...

6. tin

tin Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I figured out how much I use. A 22oz bottle of Zymol gell lasted me 6 details giving me an average of 3.66oz per 4 wheels. One of those cars was an Escalde with particularly bad 24" chrome wheels so a good amount more was used on that car. I would say on average an ounce per wheel is appropriate, being such an effective cleaner, any more is just wasted, IMHO. I agitate with a Zymol boars hair brush with the gel to get them minty. Behind the spokes gets hit with a good degreaser and a long brush.