Loving this P21S Wheel Gel

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Showcasedetail, Dec 31, 2009.

1. calypso

calypso Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You guys every used Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner? I prefer that to my P21S gel, and its much cheaper.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

a little trick with the p21s gel. spray on your wheels the night before, and let it dry. go back the next day when you wash your car, and hit the wheels with a PW and it makes cleaning wheels soooooo much easier.

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I agree with kustomizinkid..why would you need to presoak your own personal wheels unless they are not sealed. If done corectly, all you need is soap and water or even just ONR. For details, a good wheel cleaner is a must including Meg's wheel brightner for the really tough jobs. Just be careful with WB it is an acid.

4. slanguage

This is just a tip for some people and not everyone. I tried it and it worked.

I have WB and love it. I have a few different wheel cleaners, and there is one I buy to use for one customer, because of the wheels and the way they were painted.

Im not trying to offend anyone, just making a suggestion about the use of the p21s wheel gel.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

None taken slanguage. I'm sure your suggestion will help some. So, are your wheels properly sealed? LOL

6. slanguage

yep. my wheels are sealed. i usually use soap and water on mine, unless they are beyond dirty and want to seal them again :D

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Not to go off topic, but Black Fire Metal Sealant is awesome. Try it, you'll like it.

8. slanguage

ok. i have been contemplating it, because I got a bike to detail for my dad in the spring.

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Other peoples cars always have TRASHED wheels... what a PITA....

10. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Tell ya what... Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner is really an awesome product too. I've used the P21s stuff, and it's good no doubt, but I'm really super impressed by the Adam's product.

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Sorry guys, CG has been messing around with me for over a week now and I think I am just going to give up. Despite numerous phone calls (2-3 calls per day), and them repeatedly telling me that it would be sent shortly, I have not received an MSDS for Diablo Gel in my e-mail. They only sent me Sticky Gel and Premium Blue MSDS.

I have a feeling that Diablo Gel may not at all be pH neutral and because of this, they are holding out on me. I would rather give up on this issue because I really like CG and their products and I don't want to ruin that. So I cannot confirm the pH of Diablo...come to think of it, I did not try to confirm the pH of GI Wheel Gel, either.

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

It clearly states on the GI label that its ph balanced. I looked today.

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Easy to check the pH of the liquid, just get some pH test stripes. If there is a pool store near by just walk in and ask for one or two...they normally have a test center. Home Depot use to have them in the pool section as well. If I can get into the lab tomm I will try to get a few and check the pH of a 3.5:1 solutions.

14. 911Fanatic

You won't regret it. By FAR the best sealant i've used on metal or chrome. Its not a polish so you'll have to use your choice of polishes first and then seal with the BF. I'll find a pic of it in use.

[​IMG]

15. 911Fanatic

Are you following me Ankeet? I go from here to L4P and there you are. I come back and here you are. You're freakin' me out man!

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

haha, classes just started so i dont have much work so just making rounds LOL...GTA4 time now...time to go kill some hoes.

17. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Does it say "balanced" or "neutral"? I know it is a bit of word play, but they can/do mean different things.

18. 911Fanatic

[​IMG]

19. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Ahh thanks for the high res picture! Clever marketing strategy on GI's part. I would saying having a pH of 7.0 is rather unreasonable anyways. If a wheel cleaner/gel was truly neutral cleaning properties would probably be bad. I am sure most of the top brands are tested to be within a safe pH range.

20. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

When I contacted P21S, the representative told me that P21S follows a standard that is set by the German automakers. The standard for the pH level is to be under 10.0 but not to be at the point where it is acidic.

I will try using pool test strips on Diablo and GI Wheel Gel (have the strips and those wheel cleaners at home already), but I really wanted an exact number from CG. I am going to ask Rich from Gloss It directly what the pH level is for the GI Wheel Gel.