Looks the same to me...

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by CleanE60, Sep 9, 2009.

1. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I spent around $70 bucks. I got the FC, the coupler socket, and shipping. I run a gas-powered pressure washer though, and did a quick-connect setup for mine, so I could switch between the FC and power washer tips on the fly. I bought that stuff local at home depot, and it ran me probably only around 10 bux. Then I went out and bought a longer hose. I plan on tweeking the setup a little more next year probably.

2. CleanE60

CleanE60 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

ooo I see. I have the Karcher electric PW. Its probably different.

3. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

4. CleanE60

5. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I purchased a foam cannon a while back for $80.00. Brass and good quality.

Love it!!!

Andy

6. CleanE60

Good to hear you liked it. Was it a PW Mall one?

Maybe its b/c I can't see the pics on my work comp, but i'm still trying to see how that Twist couple fits on the gun.

7. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

I have no idea. I shipped my stuff to SF for now haha. I'll see tomorrow.

8. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

i just opened up the box that has my pressure washer in it

i think what you and i are missing is the adapter will connect to the gun. i've been searching for it, but i am not sure which one i actually need

9. slanguage

the cannon itself has an end on it for a quick connect setup. i used the coupler to attach the quick connect and then i attach the fc to it. i believe its a 1/4" size. can be bought at homedepot.

10. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

i think what the OP and i are looking for is the adapter A which is the quick connect you are talking about...

So... the connections would end up like this

gun > adapter A > coupler > foam cannon > AWESOME

edit: does anyone know if i can buy the adapter OTC somewhere?

11. slanguage

I would check home depot or lowes first. If not there, try a good mom and pop hardware store (if any exist in your area).

12. CleanE60

I think the order should be

gun > coupler > adapter A > FC

Because the coupler won't attach directly to the gun as it requires a "t" shape at the end.

Too make things easier haha, for those that already have one set up, can you post a pic please? Then list exactly what you bought to get it set up?

13. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

you've confused me with this

you're saying the gun won't connect to the gun directly, but that's what my order is saying too. once i get everything set up and nobody's taken a pic yet, i'll post one for you. i think we should have nearly identical setups

14. CleanE60

LOL I've confused myself. I'm saying the FC will need something other than the coupler to attach to the PW....I'll just wait for a pic haha.

15. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

Karcher Adapter A

here take a look at that. it attaches to the gun no problem with the "t" shaped on the one end. then it has a 22" thing to screw in the coupler that i had bought. with that, you attach the foam cannon to it with the 1/4" inlet

16. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

17. CleanE60

ahhhh ok... I see I see...I'm more of a visual person haha. Ok I guess I'll go to home depot to see if I can pick these things up, then I'll order it.

18. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Hey E60, [​IMG]
    You want to unscrew that part you see on the left the one that is already attached to the lance, and then you wanna attach the 2nd piece that you ordered seperately (on the right). It is tough to remove so grab some WD40 and give it a try.

19. slanguage

oh, goody a pic. instead of going thru all that, I attached a quick connect to the part on the right, so I could switch between the fc (on the left) or use power washer tips :D

also, this means if you want to use your PW for anything else, or use the tips for rinsing before and after, you dont have to unscrew anything. its a great time saver. I got the quick connect adapter at home depot. i believe its 1/4" size.

20. CleanE60

Hey thanks buddy! I'm on my work comp right now so i can't see the pic. I'm sure its good though.