Looking for some pre-polishing pointers.

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Derek8819, Jan 18, 2012.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

If you want to knock out 70%-80% of the swirls, then go for PO203S on a green Uber pad. It's an "office favorite" when it comes to one-steppers.

2. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Boom, that just happened, that combo is the bomb-diggity of one steppers, hardly ever fails.

3. P1et

I'm pissed off Menzerna decided to stop making it. I still haven't figured out what the replacement is. And I'm talking EXACT SAME DAMN replacement. I've got half a bottle left but don't want to start treating it like Insignis, know what I mean?

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

yeah, I noticed that, I put it in the gun safe just in case someone wants to do something bad and take it...

if you want to be prepared if they do not come out with a replacement

Amazon.com: Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 128 oz.: Automotive

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

For your Bimmers, the Megs MF cutting disc with D300 will work wonders. You may find it leaves a finish nice enough to go straight to your Zaino. You can follow the D300 up with Menz Power Gloss and a green Uber pad to amp up the gloss and then apply your Zaino. With the MF disc, you have to prime the pad before using by massaging some of the D300 into the pad. For each new pass, apply two or three pea sized drops of polish to the pad. Overlap your strokes by 30-50%. Let us know how it goes.

6. 911Fanatic

I have done the same thing. There will be no replacement for the Power Gloss as we know it. Menz is changing the formulation as it too closely resembled SIP. The only thing I've found similar to it is Scholl S17.

7. P1et

Ken, what about PO203S? Power Finish? What's the closest Menzerna replacement?

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Yeah I couldn't agree more, I'm beyond shocked, they had such a good thing going with PO203. I need to try the new line of polishes to see how it compares.

I also heard the same thing as Ken, that it was too much like SIP so they bridged the gap.

9. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Ken,
    Are you talking Menz Power Gloss POS34A, or Power Finish, PO203S ?

Dan F

10. 911Fanatic

My bad P1et. I meant to say Power Finish ( PO203S ) As its cut was very similar to SIP, they removed some of the cut so now it sits somewhere in the middle of 106 and SIP. It will still be called Power Finish. My apologies for the confusion. And Scholl S17 is the closest thing to Power Finish that I've tried.

11. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

so i have 3/4 bottle going for the highest bid LOL

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

ahhhhhh you're cruel lol. Tempting.

13. P1et

I found a place that still sells it by the pint, but not by the quart...

14. 911Fanatic

Pick it up P1et as I don't think they are even shipping it anymore. I believe Phil even has the new formula in stock already. LINK

15. P1et

Have you tried PF2500 yet? Is it perhaps better than PO203S?

16. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Dang...Menz line is confusing.
    I had to refer back to my order confirmation; but yes, I own a bottle of PO203S. :)

17. P1et

I found this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Good find; haven't seen that one before.

Second column says 'Designation'
    Third column 'Old Name'

19. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I just went over to Autopia.com and they are still showing the original bottles of Menzerna PO203S for sale.

Dan F

20. P1et