Lookie what I get to play with....

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by dsms, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Jason@SONAX

Jason@SONAX Guest

Excellent review on the machine. It's critical to have someone who touches cars every day to give outstanding feedback. Really nice work!

Oh yeah...and please don't break the machine!!!

2. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

"J" you may have it now.................but "Bing" and I were using serial No#1 @ SEMA....................... ok you are actually really using it on a job:sorry: the video is tightness.

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

How did you scoop that already Dave?

4. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Would you mind doing a side by side video comparison between this new rotary and the light weight rotary. I'll admit to being one of those that was turned off by the sound all the flexes made. Would love to hear how the 2 compare if you have the time. Thanks.

5. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Great video Dave .Thanks for sharing . Can't wait till I have mine in hand .

6. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Straight no BS marketing with this review. I really appreciate your honest feedback Dave. Sounds promising!

7. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Excellent unbiased review... thx!

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Perks of living so close to DetailersDomain I guess. I walked in an it was sitting on Phils desk.... he said I could use it for a few days and see how it goes, give some feedback.

I will do that video within the next few days. The sound difference between the two is completely different. As I said in the video the 3403 has a terrible "whine" once the pad is under load... this machine is much quieter and smoother to begin with and the noise it does make is the same under load and in free spin, which is a huge plus. I would say this machine has a more mechanical engine sound, not a high pitched whine. Its by no means super quiet but it also doesnt annoy the piss out of you, no louder than a makita I'd say.

I used it more today and its good. The next few days should be a good barometer.

9. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

awesome. look forward to that video of sound comparisons. the sound is the only reason ive really stuck with my makita.

10. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

can you change the backing plate on this flex?

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

yes you can change the backing plate on this one.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Great video Dave, thanks for taking the time to make it. Looking forward to further input on how you like it.

13. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great video Dave. Thanks for putting it together.

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Why would you? The Sonax one is excellent... now we just need a 4" and were golden!

15. crew219

crew219 Birth of a Detailer

75mm 5/8UNC Backing Plate

How about 3"?

16. Paint Protection Orlando

Paint Protection Orlando Detailers Advertising Scheme

For some reason it looked alot smaller when I used the one at SEMA.
    [​IMG]

:shrug:

17. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

^^ Thats cuz I have normal sized hands, lack there of "Snausages" means it looks bigger in my hands.

Haha, its a pretty awesome machine Richie