LOOK - 8 Coats of 1Z einszett Glanz

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by detailersdomain, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

2. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

Yeah but trying different stuff is fun and you neverknow when you'll find that next favorite must have product. My favorite QD right now is Prima Slick but if I hadn't tried just one more product I'd have never found it.
    If I hadn't tried one more LSP I wouldn't have found Jeff's Werkstatt Prime or Acrylic Jett.

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Once again, it's all in the prep!

4. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

Agree here, all in the prep. I have never seen glanz do much anything for paint. Well it definitely never added to look. Maybe its melting holes in the shelves

But thread starter even say he polished with SuperFinish before but good job polishing - you make glanswax look better than it is hehehe ;)

5. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

the point is that you beleive it. the car looks outstanding.:yikes:

6. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

On one hand, you want to think that every application adds another layer, but - the friction of applying, and removing has to have some effect on what was there to start with. I've stopped doing the multi-layer LSP's in the sense of applying right after each other or a short time - couple hours of each other. Instead, I like to get 2-3 washes between coats, I wash the car weekly so think every 3 weeks or so. I use BFWD and after 3 coats on my daughter's car, I can tell there's plenty on the paint when I wash it and I vow to never let it get to that flat -no wax condition!

BTW - maybe multi layers of 1Z is the way to go, it never looked that good to me when I did a single layer and I stoped using it.

7. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

looks great, one more coat should do it.

8. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

LOL I actually did another coat yesterday still look sharp.