long lasting tire shine

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Greg Nichols, Sep 2, 2008.

1. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I wouldn't mind progress pictures. I'm not implying anything, but is it true you're part of the company. I can't remember who off the top of my head but somebody in this thread said you were. If so, awesome. I appreciate you introducing us to this product, but I would like an opinion from someone who isn't. No offence, I hope you can understand my point of view.

Brendan

2. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

The pictures are back on post 1.

As for being part of the company.........in NO way am I. I just came across this and feel this is a great product. I use it as an upsell for clients and get many raves from them. I guess people might think I'm part of the company 1. I speak up about it 2. the company and I are both in Utah.

If I was part of the company I would be Spamming. So my opinion is just that I have used it longer than anyone on this forum or over on autopia and am contiually testing it to see how it behaves. For example it has dimmed in shine for far this winter, but the protection is still there. I can just add a coat and be back to a nice shine. I'm floored that it is holding up to my winter, we'll see how it does in the next 3 months.

Cheers,
    GREG

3. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Thanks Greg, I appreciate the honesty. When you use it on a tire that is virgin to that tire shine, do you use the tuff shine tire cleaner or is any APC ok? They recommend it, but I think most APCs will do just as good of a job if not better. Also, what other APCs have you tried to compare with this? I'm really interested in a tire shine product that will last. And so far, this one and a new tire shine I was introduced come to mind. I really like the semi-gloss look from tirerific tire shine over the look tuff shine gives.

Are you able to get pictures of what it looks like on a tire when diluted like you mentioned on autopia?

Brendan

4. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

griots garage has a tore shine like this called "long lasting tire dressing" which i believe is water based as well and lasts forever ( i mean this in an slightly exaggerating way of course haha), even through washes and tire scrubbings.... this looks like a really cool product though!

5. Greg Nichols

Okay here are the photos of Tuf-Shine after 3 1/2 months of a harsh utah winter. I believe the coating is still there because salt and grime wash off easily. The shine has dulled as expected with winter driving. I am still pleased with this product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    GREG

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I wish I could keep the white lettering that white on my wife's Explorer's tires!

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Try a magic eraser very lightly. I've found that it works really well. Let me know if you do try it and what you think.

8. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Wow you charge $20 for a tire shine? How much is a bottle of the stuff?

9. Greg Nichols

^^^
    Are you asking me that?
    I do charge for the tuf-shine, the labor is not in the application of the product but the intense cleaning of the tires that is necessary to apply the sealant correctly. Customers are willing to pay because its lasts for 2-3months before it needs another coat, the additional coats I just apply when they come back at no charge.

Cheers,
    GREG