lol what happened to my applicator?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by oldcracker, Mar 6, 2011.

1. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

2. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

some solvent heavy sealants will do that over time

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

845 will do that to foam sometimes.

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

uber tire dressing applicator right? thats what mine look like. its from....rubbing them on tires.

5. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I've had that happen too, I don't remember what I had applied with it either but it did that exact same thing. It was a Zymol applicator though...

6. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Hmm.... weird. Never had it happen to me as I use 845 often with the yellow Detailed Image applicators.

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

They are cheap....... its ok. here is even a better tip someone shared with me, go to a craft store and buy foam padding, they have different density etc. You can buy a 24x30 sheet of foam, cut it down to smaller sizes and you pay maybe 10.00. I stopped buying applicators for trim, tire and interior dressings. I still use my uber yellow pads for sealants etc.

Mine get eaten by little gnomes who run freely through my supplies. LOL

8. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

Hmm I didn't use it to apply lsp, it was some dressing lol can't really rmb which dressing it was

lol I like this idea

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I bought a sheet of it, i have maybe 40 applicators for about 10.00 including tax. Cannot get any better then this, and if you are just applying trim or tire dressing, why waste the money. I still have a box of the same applictors you have, they are excellent, and I really like them but now they are back burnered for the cheaper ones, in fact I dont even keep them; they get tossed once im done with the car.

10. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

^Clever! Thanks for the tip.

11. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i will be heading to home depot tmr to buy some foamz